Rocker - Leiter Early Comparison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

This is getting absurd how good both of these pitchers are competing. Following their starts will most likely be more exciting than following the Bucs games

I still prefer Rocker for his size, but Leiter is certainly making a case for himself. Too bad baseball does not allow trading draft picks

It would have been awesome if the Bucs could have traded for the Rangers top pick and secured both Rocker and Lester.

One can only dream
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Watched Rocker pitch tonight on the SEC channel and he looked really so-so. FB around 91-92 and slider was just ehhhh. Gave up a few hits , BBs and K'd 3 or 4. I'm sure he's better than this but I'm thinking Leiter may have moved ahead after tonight. That's of coarse assuming Rocker was #1.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Leiter with another hitless outing . Now has thrown 16 straight no hit innings with 26K's
Javy

Post by Javy »

I appreciate the updates.

Leiter is getting more dominant every outing. He appears to be putting some distance between himself and Rocker at this point.

A concern at this point is how many pitches per outing he's throwing though. With today's emphasis on pitch counts, do you think the Bucs might get concerned about overuse and look at other players besides Leiter and Rocker?
steve49

Post by steve49 »

4962757A030 wrote: I appreciate the updates.

Leiter is getting more dominant every outing. He appears to be putting some distance between himself and Rocker at this point.

A concern at this point is how many pitches per outing he's throwing though. With today's emphasis on pitch counts, do you think the Bucs might get concerned about overuse and look at other players besides Leiter and Rocker?

So far I don't see any troubling pitch counts at Vanderbilt . They pulled him after 7 no hit inns after 101 pitches. He threw 124 in the no hitter with 16 k's the start before. It's a little high but IMO not unreasonable.Agree with you that Leiter is a big favorite over Rocker . To be blunt , Rocker looked terrible to me his last start. 91-92 FB and slider was terrible. Plus he seems to have just those 2 pitches. I'll keep checking the SEC network to see if they televise more starts from these 2.
PMike

Post by PMike »

12150417045558610 wrote: I appreciate the updates.

So far I don't see any troubling pitch counts at Vanderbilt . They pulled him after 7 no hit inns after 101 pitches. He threw 124 in the no hitter with 16 k's the start before. It's a little high but IMO not unreasonable.Agree with you that Leiter is a big favorite over Rocker . To be blunt , Rocker looked terrible to me his last start. 91-92 FB and slider was terrible. Plus he seems to have just those 2 pitches. I'll keep checking the SEC network to see if they televise more starts from these 2.

They also get a week between starts in college.

I watched Leiter pitch this weekend. He was just dominant. I think they said the fastball was in the mid to low 90s, but it jumped on guys. His curve/slider was wicked and I guys barely got a bat on it. Lot's of shaking heads walking from home plate. His control may have been even better than that stuff.

He and Rocker are pitching against the exact same lineups and Leiter is clearly the more dominant one at this point.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6B7652505E3B0 wrote: I appreciate the updates.

I watched Leiter pitch this weekend.  He was just dominant.  I think they said the fastball was in the mid to low 90s, but it jumped on guys.  His curve/slider was wicked and I guys barely got a bat on it.  Lot's of shaking heads walking from home plate.  His control may have been even better than that stuff.

He and Rocker are pitching against the exact same lineups and Leiter is clearly the more dominant one at this point.

Did you watch Rocker ? I thought he really took a big hit with that outing. Did you watch on TV ? I found the Rocker game televised but not the Leiter start.
PMike

Post by PMike »

5F58495A4918152C0 wrote: I appreciate the updates.

I watched Leiter pitch this weekend.  He was just dominant.  I think they said the fastball was in the mid to low 90s, but it jumped on guys.  His curve/slider was wicked and I guys barely got a bat on it.  Lot's of shaking heads walking from home plate.  His control may have been even better than that stuff.

Did you watch Rocker ? I thought he really took a big hit with that outing. Did you watch on TV ? I found the Rocker game televised but not the Leiter start.

The Leiter game was on ESPN+. We watched through the app.

I just watched an inning of Rocker's game. He is certainly a much more physically appealing guy. But he just wasn't getting the results that Leiter was getting. Missouri players looked like they were struggling but keeping up with Rocker. They looked way over their heads with Leiter.
BenM

Post by BenM »

ESPN2 will carry Vanderbilt's game Friday night. Nine o'clock. Leiter is scheduled to start.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

0522290A470 wrote: ESPN2 will carry Vanderbilt's game Friday night. Nine o'clock. Leiter is scheduled to start.

My television schedule shows the Taxes game on espn 2 friday 9 eastern time. What am i missing ?