Game Thread - 5/14 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

44626570797562747C170 wrote: First win this season scoring less than 4 runs. Nice to get good pitching.
Thompson 6 innings 1 hit  no runs.
I thought they were tanking, how could they have possibly won?  I also thought there were two separate threads about the management and announcers. Maybe I wandered into one of them, thought this was the GDT where people talked about the game.

So much for scintillating baseball talk.

The players aren't trying to lose, it's that the management isn't trying to win.  Thus the roster.
Yes, I know, you and many others, before one pitch is even thrown, make the same comments every single GDT.

That's the management thread I thought. The GDT is supposed to be about what's going on the field, not behind the scenes.

And just because a lot of you keep saying it, doesn't make it true either. They currently have a better record than nine teams, and are essentially the same as two others. That's in all of MLB.

That could change in two weeks, and they could be on the bottom of the whole shebang.

But as it stands right now, as the STANDINGS say RIGHT NOW, where do you guys get off on the "tanking" business? They're not even lottery pick level right now.

The Pirates can't control how the other teams construct their rosters and are currently performing. The Pirates can only control their own roster. Few, if any, can argue that this roster is built to win. One win in the middle of May, against a team playing worse than them, will hardly change a single mind.

As for comments made in the GDT about this and other topics, if someone posts something outside of game action that deserves a response or prompts further discourse, then so be it. At least two moderators were part of the discussion. It appears it was okay with them.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Now some of you really have Surg riled up!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

4F71747C6F77777C5C796E7D2A180 wrote: Now some of you really have Surg riled up!!
I think to the point I am done with this. Same comments ad nauseum. Which is okay except the ad nauseum is added in every damn thread.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

173136232A2631272F440 wrote: Now some of you really have Surg riled up!!
I think to the point I am done with this. Same comments ad nauseum. Which is okay except the ad nauseum is added in every damn thread.
I believe bucs69-71-79 is correct. Without mentioning any names he said, "certain posters when the Pirates win or have a well pitched game, they are no where to be seen or heard. He calls them " Pseudo Pirate fans." When I pressed him for names he just said "they know who they are"
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

655B5E56455D5D567653445700320 wrote: Now some of you really have Surg riled up!!
I believe bucs69-71-79 is correct. Without mentioning any names he said, "certain posters when the Pirates win or have a well pitched game, they are no where to be seen or heard. He calls them " Pseudo Pirate fans." When I pressed him for names he just said "they know who they are"
That should be 60-71-79
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The game day thread pertains to that day's game. Comments might be about a play, a management decision or even a comment from the announcers. There are other threads for general gripes about management or broadcasts. But if those comments are specific to that game, it would be silly to put them in a different thread.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: The game day thread pertains to that day's game. Comments might be about a play, a management decision or even a comment from the announcers. There are other threads for general gripes about management or broadcasts. But if those comments are specific to that game, it would be silly to put them in a different thread.
I agree but I believe his intent was that you only hear from certain individuals when the Pirates lose. Very rarely do you ever hear anything positive from them