Harrison out for six weeks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harrison is very good on defense. He was very good last year. I am a bat guy and prefer the better bat. Frazier might not be a huge upgrade over Harrison at the plate, but he is over Rodriguez in my opinion.

How many plays a game do players average in the field? Harrison is averaging less than three times a game he touches the ball in the field. I'd take those odds giving Frazier five at bats a game.

Frazier isn't good anywhere in the field. I think his bat plays best at 2B compared to the outfield or third base. I don't like that Harrison got hurt, but I don't mind Frazier getting the bulk of the starts at second base.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

474E465759230 wrote: Adam Frazier is not capable of fielding 2b well enough to make up for the bat he brings.   SRod fields well, but hits terribly.   (although vs LHP, he's ok)

Moroff please.  Because his defense is plus, it's possible that Moroff can provide power, OBP, and defense out of the position.

I know it will be Frazier but that's a mistake.  Frazier's glove is  terrible there, and really I don't believe there's a possibility of him being a good starter with his glove as bad as it is.   his Minor league numbers don't disagree, so it's not a sample size issue.  His glove stinks and  It's a waste of time trying to make him a 2b starter. 

He would be lucky to be a 2.0 WAR  hitting .300 with his glove as poor as it is at 2b. 

If/ When Polanco or Marte miss time, I think Frazier starts in LF where his defense grades out about average in a small sample... but otherwise should be a reserve/ bench bat / PH/ spot-starter.
I'm with you. I would like to see Moroff brought up. Let Frazier get some AB's spot starting and as a PH. I don't want to see him at 2nd everyday.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

58515948463C0 wrote: Adam Frazier is not capable of fielding 2b well enough to make up for the bat he brings.   SRod fields well, but hits terribly.   (although vs LHP, he's ok)

Moroff please.  Because his defense is plus, it's possible that Moroff can provide power, OBP, and defense out of the position.

I know it will be Frazier but that's a mistake.  Frazier's glove is  terrible there, and really I don't believe there's a possibility of him being a good starter with his glove as bad as it is.   his Minor league numbers don't disagree, so it's not a sample size issue.  His glove stinks and  It's a waste of time trying to make him a 2b starter. 

He would be lucky to be a 2.0 WAR  hitting .300 with his glove as poor as it is at 2b. 

If/ When Polanco or Marte miss time, I think Frazier starts in LF where his defense grades out about average in a small sample... but otherwise should be a reserve/ bench bat / PH/ spot-starter.

Well, maybe we can invent that machine they used in the movie downsizing ... but this one has the ability to combine two players strengths to come out as one. I will get started on that and we can call him Adam Rodriguez.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

59525A565352490C0A7D445C555252135E523D0 wrote: Harrison is very good on defense.  He was very good last year.  I am a bat guy and prefer the better bat.  Frazier might not be a huge upgrade over Harrison at the plate, but he is over Rodriguez in my opinion. 

How many plays a game do players average in the field?  Harrison is averaging less than three times a game he touches the ball in the field.  I'd take those odds giving Frazier five at bats a game. 

Frazier isn't good anywhere in the field.  I think his bat plays best at 2B compared to the outfield or third base.  I don't like that Harrison got hurt, but I don't mind Frazier getting the bulk of the starts at second base. 
Right now Frazier isn't even an upgrade at the plate. There numbers are very similar.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

4858596E7878741B0 wrote: Adam Frazier is not capable of fielding 2b well enough to make up for the bat he brings.   SRod fields well, but hits terribly.   (although vs LHP, he's ok)

Well, maybe we can invent that machine they used in the movie downsizing ... but this one has the ability to combine two players strengths to come out as one.  I will get started on that and we can call him Adam Rodriguez.
Awesome, I like it. ;D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4A4B5041571710240 wrote: Harrison is very good on defense.  He was very good last year.  I am a bat guy and prefer the better bat.  Frazier might not be a huge upgrade over Harrison at the plate, but he is over Rodriguez in my opinion. 

How many plays a game do players average in the field?  Harrison is averaging less than three times a game he touches the ball in the field.  I'd take those odds giving Frazier five at bats a game. 

Frazier isn't good anywhere in the field.  I think his bat plays best at 2B compared to the outfield or third base.  I don't like that Harrison got hurt, but I don't mind Frazier getting the bulk of the starts at second base. 
Right now Frazier isn't even an upgrade at the plate. There numbers are very similar.

As a starter, his numbers are very good. Very small sample size, but we do know he can hit.

.368 ave, .400 obp, .579 slg, .979 ops

If he doesn't hit, he won't be in baseball very long because he certainly won't stick around as a glove.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

According to Liz Bloom, Moroff is in the clubhouse.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

545F575B5E5F440107704951585F5F1E535F300 wrote: Harrison is very good on defense.  He was very good last year.  I am a bat guy and prefer the better bat.  Frazier might not be a huge upgrade over Harrison at the plate, but he is over Rodriguez in my opinion. 

As a starter, his numbers are very good.  Very small sample size, but we do know he can hit. 

If he doesn't hit, he won't be in baseball very long because he certainly won't stick around as a glove. 

Where did you get these numbers at?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

64657E6F79393E0A0 wrote: Harrison is very good on defense.  He was very good last year.  I am a bat guy and prefer the better bat.  Frazier might not be a huge upgrade over Harrison at the plate, but he is over Rodriguez in my opinion. 

As a starter, his numbers are very good.  Very small sample size, but we do know he can hit. 

Where did you get these numbers at?

Baseball Reference. 2018 as a starter.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I like Frazier. Good hitter. Good lead-off guy. Another LH bat. I suspect he'll get most of the 2B starts vs RHP and be replaced for defense late in the game if it's close. Rodriguez will likely start at 2B vs LHP and to give Frazier other days off. Frazier muffs too many routine plays at 2B but in a platoon and with late inning defensive replacements, they should get by. Unfortunately, Harrison seems to be a leader now and gives the team a jolt of energy and enthusiasm. That's an intangible that will be missed.