Cutch observation

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Cutch observation

Post by dmetz »

The idea of NH trading cutch is terrifying. After hugely missing on Niese, and giving away 2 top 100 prospects for 17 million dollars and a AAA pitcher, whatever rope he earned in the recent past, he's hung himself with.

Looks more like the GM who handed JBay away recently.
Jerseykc

Cutch observation

Post by Jerseykc »

5A7D6C686D704F7B6C6D6D70090 wrote: The Pirates do have options to replace Cutch in the next year or two if they wish to trade him. Whether that means putting Bell in right field and moving Marte to center and Polanco to left, or replacing Cutch with Austin Meadows and keeping Marte and Polanco in right and left and leaving Bell at 1st. Neither doesn't look like too bad of a choice right now if this whole Cutch saga isn't an aberration.

Cutch might like LA
MaineBucs

Cutch observation

Post by MaineBucs »

At the trade deadline I suggested that the Bucs try to broker a deal centered around Urias and McCutcheon.

Last thought, particularly after watching that abysmal play he flubbed in the 1st inning last night --- maybe he needs to grow his dreadlocks back.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch observation

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6F666E7F710B0 wrote: The idea of NH trading cutch is terrifying.  After hugely missing on Niese, and giving away 2 top 100 prospects for 17 million dollars and a AAA pitcher, whatever rope he earned in the recent past, he's hung himself with.

Looks more like the GM who handed JBay away recently.

You think, overall, his trades have been bad? I would disagree with that.

Walker and Bay are probably his worse. But at least Brandon Moss became a decent player, just not with the Pirates. So, Huntington did see the talent there.
SteadyFreddy

Cutch observation

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I think overall Huntington has done a very good job building up the Minor League's and bringing in guys over the course of the last 4-5 years that have helped turned this organization around. However, I don't think he has done a very good job at all over the last year or so aside from the Freese and Joyce signings. Giving Jaso a multi year deal for 4 million bucks looks like a disaster, the Walker for Niese trade was terrible, not going out and signing an established starting pitcher and "hoping" things work out with guys like Locke, Niese, and Nicasio. And of course the whole Liriano saga last week and the salary dump. So I wouldn't say I personally have lost all faith in him, but he better do a much better job this coming offseason then he has done over the course of the last 10 months or so because it simply has not been good enough. And the results on the field are showing that.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch observation

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I was just talking about his trades.

Overall, I think he has done a very good job in making trades. The Liriano trade can not be judged yet as the outcome is not in yet.

Traded Nady for Tabata, Olhendorf, Karstens. (Won)

Traded Bay for Moss, LaRoche, Morris. (Lost)

Traded McLouth for Locke and Morton. (Won)

Traded Morgan and Burnett for Milledge and Hanrahan. (Won)

Traded Ad LaRoche for Diaz, Strickland. (Lost)

Traded Wilson for Cedeno, Snell and Clement. (Won)

Traded Sanchez for Alderson. (Lost*)

Traded Chavez for Iwamura. (Lost)

Traded Church, Crosby, and Carassco for Snyder and Ciriaco. (Won)

Traded Dotel for Lambo and McDonald. (Won)

Traded for Grilli. (Won)

Traded Cayones and Moreno for Burnett. (Won)

Traded Lincoln for Snyder. (Won)

Traded Hernandez for Sanchez. (Won)

Traded Owens and Grossman for Rodriguez. (Won*)

Traded Hanrahan and Holt for Melancon (Won)

Traded Herrera for Byrd and Buck (Won)

Traded Presley and Welker for Mourneau. (Won)

Traded Baker for Lee. (Won)

Traded Walker for Niese. (Lost)

I am sure some might disagree. Some trades weren't as cut and dry (*) as could lean any way. I am sure I missed some too. But Overall, I think Huntington has done well with his trades.

rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch observation

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

It's too obvious to be missed by the team, but I'm wondering if something is up with Cutch's eyesight?
JollyRoger

Cutch observation

Post by JollyRoger »

4D4A5C545A4D0A067F58525E5653115C50523F0 wrote: It's too obvious to be missed by the team, but I'm wondering if something is up with Cutch's eyesight?
I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure the team tests eyesight. I don't know how frequently. It seems that Cutch is not picking up the ball off the bat. There is a delay In his reaction time. Same thing at the plate, his pitch recognition skills have been poor. He is guessing more. I also noticed that many times he steps out of the box and opens his eyes wide several times. I wonder if he wears contacts.
Ecbucs

Cutch observation

Post by Ecbucs »

0D282B2B3E1528202235470 wrote: It's too obvious to be missed by the team, but I'm wondering if something is up with Cutch's eyesight?
I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure the team tests eyesight. I don't know how frequently. It seems that Cutch is not picking up the ball off the bat. There is a delay In his reaction time. Same thing at the plate, his pitch recognition skills have been poor. He is guessing more. I also noticed that many times he steps out of the box and opens his eyes wide several times. I wonder if he wears contacts.

the question I have is since this is so obvious to fans watching, what do the Pirates think about it?

Having him sit out three games seems like a reaction to someone slightly tired, or having a minor injury, nothing major.  Yet his play indicates there must be something else wrong.

this team analyzes everything.
dmetz

Cutch observation

Post by dmetz »

Let's do it this way.

In the last 2 seasons, what trades were good? Easy question.