Game Thread 6/8/2022 Tigers vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6154434348714343484F43260 wrote: Gee.  I wonder what the reason for all of that might be.
one particular poster sent me a text which said "Bucs lose two, Weenie emerges from his hole"!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I get a lot of texts. So what?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

122C2921322A2A210124332077450 wrote: Gee.  I wonder what the reason for all of that might be.
Let me give you an example to show you how stupid your question was. When a company hires a salesperson who has very little experience, is that person expected to do as well as those with more experience. Also the younger inexperienced salesperson will be getting a league minimum salary until they prove themselves

It is better for the typical company to keep its best employees, hire more good ones, and do the things it takes to keep them if the company wants to maintain a level of success.

I'm not sure that the Pirates have been doing that consistently enough to do well.

Which is why we're in the position that we're in. Again.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

566374747F4674747F7874110 wrote: I get a lot of texts.  So what?
who cares how many texts you get?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1025323239003232393E32570 wrote: Gee.  I wonder what the reason for all of that might be.
Let me give you an example to show you how stupid your question was. When a company hires a salesperson who has very little experience, is that person expected to do as well as those with more experience. Also the younger inexperienced salesperson will be getting a league minimum salary until they prove themselves

It is better for the typical company to keep its best employees, hire more good ones, and do the things it takes to keep them if the company wants to maintain a level of success.

I'm not sure that the Pirates have been doing that consistently enough to do well.

Which is why we're in the position that we're in.  Again.

You still didn't answer the question- Any company wants to keep to keep their best employees. Again, I am referring to the newly hired ones which you seem to be ignoring.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

0F31343AC2F37373C1C392E3D6A580 wrote: I get a lot of texts.  So what?
who cares how many texts you get?

As much as I care about the texts you get.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

46787D75667E7E755570677423110 wrote: Gee.  I wonder what the reason for all of that might be.

You still didn't answer the question- Any company wants to keep to keep their best employees. Again, I am referring to the  newly hired ones which you seem to be ignoring.

You never answered mine.  I asked you whether you expect the Pirates to have a much more experienced roster at any point? 

You know that they don't tend to have the payroll it takes to have experienced players.  They will almost always have lesser experienced players.  Do you disagree? 

We'll need to have lower expectations every year unless you think that they'll increase payroll quite a bit.

The Pirates haven't kept the best players because of the payroll they've chosen to carry.  That's the whole reason that you even have to mention how inexperienced the roster is. $70 million doesn't get many veterans.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

665344444F7644444F4844210 wrote: Gee.  I wonder what the reason for all of that might be.

You still didn't answer the question- Any company wants to keep to keep their best employees. Again, I am referring to the  newly hired ones which you seem to be ignoring.

You never answered mine.  I asked you whether you expect the Pirates to have a much more experienced roster at any point? 

You know that they don't tend to have the payroll it takes to have experienced players.  They will almost always have lesser experienced players.  Do you disagree? 

We'll need to have lower expectations every year unless you think that they'll increase payroll quite a bit.

The Pirates haven't kept the best players because of the payroll they've chosen to carry.  That's the whole reason that you even have to mention how inexperienced the roster is.  $70 million doesn't get many veterans.

Yes I do expect the Pirates to have a more experienced roster at some point. As many on here have said, it will take some time. I will say 2024- circle it on your calendar. You can pass that on to your idol Shedman as well
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

When all else fails, resort to personal attacks, which I'm under the impression that is not looked on as favorable.

The entire reason we have "inexperienced" guys today is because we dumped the experienced ones for them.

But....it will be different in 2024, of course.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6B5E4949427B49494245492C0 wrote: When all else fails, resort to personal attacks, which I'm under the impression that is not looked on as favorable.

The entire reason we have "inexperienced" guys today is because we dumped the experienced ones for them.

But....it will be different in 2024, of course.
Personal attacks Hmmmm. As they say, people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. No further discussion on this topic. I will be ordering my playoff tickets for 2024. :D