Another Polanco

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Another Polanco

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

536D6860736B6B604065726136040 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

He's already the best Polanco on the team.

And to think doc, Shalin is only 16. Doesn't say much for Gregory

Even without Shalin, there isn't much to say about Gregory. I can't wait for the day he's gone, much the same way I couldn't wait for Ronnie Cedeno to be gone.
Bobster21

Another Polanco

Post by Bobster21 »

1D4B5D49465C4C474A5D6F48424E4643014C2F0 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

Even without Shalin, there isn't much to say about Gregory.  I can't wait for the day he's gone, much the same way I couldn't wait for Ronnie Cedeno to be gone.

Wasn't it "The Best Management Team In Baseball" that declared Polanco was one third of a dream outfield?

In fairness to Polanco, he did top the coveted .152 mark last season.
SammyKhalifa

Another Polanco

Post by SammyKhalifa »

426F62737465723231000 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

Even without Shalin, there isn't much to say about Gregory.  I can't wait for the day he's gone, much the same way I couldn't wait for Ronnie Cedeno to be gone.

Wasn't it "The Best Management Team In Baseball" that declared Polanco was one third of a dream outfield?

Well, along with a lot of other people around baseball . . .
WiffleballHero

Another Polanco

Post by WiffleballHero »

31030F0F1B290A030E0B0403620 wrote:

Well, along with a lot of other people around baseball . . .

Quite a few people compared him to Dave Parker. But I don't think they meant how popular among Pirates fans he'd be by the end of his career. I doubt D batteries will fit through the Don't Sue Us screens though.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Another Polanco

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

I'm sure Gregory is a nice young man. But, as a ballplayer, I can't stand him. Now that his arm is spaghetti, there isn't anything he can do well. He's the complete bad baseball player. I want him to be the complete bad baseball player for another team.
fjk090852-7

Another Polanco

Post by fjk090852-7 »

712731252A30202B263103242E222A2F6D20430 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

I'm sure Gregory is a nice young man.  But, as a ballplayer, I can't stand him.  Now that his arm is spaghetti, there isn't anything he can do well.  He's the complete bad baseball player.  I want him to be the complete bad baseball player for another team.

The best thing that could happen is that Gregory has a hot couple months this year, and then the Bucs could move him at the deadline. Even then the Bucs may have to assume some salary. I think including his buyout after this season he is owed $14 million.
Surgnbuck

Another Polanco

Post by Surgnbuck »

663026323D27373C3126143339353D387A37540 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

Barring an unexpected uptick in performance, which would make him a trade deadline candidate (and one Bob is certainly rooting for) I'm guessing the day after the trade deadline is the last we see of him. Because, if he isn't good enough to be traded, might as well just send him off with half a year salary and move on. I think his expiration date is July 31.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Another Polanco

4844451E171E161B1C03192E0 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

I'm sure Gregory is a nice young man.  But, as a ballplayer, I can't stand him.  Now that his arm is spaghetti, there isn't anything he can do well.  He's the complete bad baseball player.  I want him to be the complete bad baseball player for another team.

[highlight]The best thing that could happen is that Gregory has a hot couple months this year, and then the Bucs could move him at the deadline.[/highlight] Even then the Bucs may have to assume some salary. I think including his buyout after this season he is owed $14 million.

Yep. Unfortunately, the odds aren't in our favor. I'll trying praying more but, I have to tell you, my knees can't take much more.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Another Polanco

1B3D3A2F262A3D2B23480 wrote: Jason Mackey is reporting that the Bucs signed Shalin Polanco as an International Signing. His bonus is $2.35 million.

Barring an unexpected uptick in performance, which would make him a trade deadline candidate (and one Bob is certainly rooting for) I'm guessing the day after the trade deadline is the last we see of him. Because, if he isn't good enough to be traded, might as well just send him off with half a year salary and move on. I think his expiration date is July 31.

Good call. He'll be of no use to the team come August 1 and better not start another game there after.
NewMexicoLobo

Another Polanco

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

Getting back to the original post, at this stage of his young life this is as good-looking an outfield prospect as we've seen in a very long time.

Given that he's going to be very rich at such a young age, let's hope that a quality family support system is there and that he's mature beyond his years.

A good thing is that he's turning 17 soon?  :)