Game Thread - 8/22 - Bucs vs Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It just occurred to me as Greg Brown was praising Marcano for a routine catch in LF that the announcers this year have not been wasting our time with "catch probability." Thank goodness.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Contreras had a very good 4th on 8 pitches. But Brown and Capps preferred to talk about ice cream.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: Contreras had a very good 4th on 8 pitches. But Brown and Capps preferred to talk about ice cream.

Why would a very experienced broadcaster like Brown spend so much time talking about things not associated with the game? Have the producers of the broadcasts, or maybe even the Pirates themselves, instructed him to do so to keep viewers from focusing on how bad the team is? If I listened to the games, I probably wouldn’t last more than a couple of innings if that’s all I heard.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Guess the Braves have figured Contreras out.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0D5B4D59564C5C575A4D7F58525E5653115C3F0 wrote: Contreras had a very good 4th on 8 pitches. But Brown and Capps preferred to talk about ice cream.

Why would a very experienced broadcaster like Brown spend so much time talking about things not associated with the game?  Have the producers of the broadcasts, or maybe even the Pirates themselves, instructed him to do so to keep viewers from focusing on how bad the team is?  If I listened to the games, I probably wouldn’t last more than a couple of innings if that’s all I heard.
I wonder if Brown knows how bad the team is?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2E786E7A756F7F74796E5C7B717D7570327F1C0 wrote: Contreras had a very good 4th on 8 pitches. But Brown and Capps preferred to talk about ice cream.

Why would a very experienced broadcaster like Brown spend so much time talking about things not associated with the game?  Have the producers of the broadcasts, or maybe even the Pirates themselves, instructed him to do so to keep viewers from focusing on how bad the team is?  If I listened to the games, I probably wouldn’t last more than a couple of innings if that’s all I heard.
It's apparent that the producers are content to make the announcers the focal point of the broadcasts. In every game we are treated to countless camera shots of the announcers in the booth. Right now we are watching them eat ice cream. We get Brown's constant attempts to be funny and Block's constant chattering about whatever crosses his mind. The former Pirate analysts seem to have been hired mostly to talk about their own careers rather than the game being played in front of them. The game seems to be nothing more than the excuse for putting the announcers in the booth to entertain us. I really wonder if any fans actually enjoy the format of these broadcasts. I find them cringe worthy. Now we're watching Brown and Capps look for napkins after eating their ice cream. Really??????
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

If I wasn`t a Pirates fan . I would most likely be a Braves fan, I have watched 100`s of Braves games esp. in the 90`s. TBS was a great channel back in the days.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7F5455505055526F485D485553523C0 wrote: If I wasn`t a Pirates fan . I would most likely be a Braves fan, I have watched 100`s of Braves games esp. in the 90`s. TBS was a great channel back in the days.
Yeah, but did you get to watch the Braves announcers eat ice cream and look for napkins? ;D
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Grossman and Rudy Owens for Wandy .
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Naw ! I listened to Don Sutton, Skip Caray, Joe Simpson and Earnie. They were all pretty solid.