Game Thread - 7/24 - Bucs vs Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: Keller has been a different pitcher since late May.

Indeed, and he may have to throw a shutout today. A lead off walk goes for naught for the Bucs.
2drfischer@gmail.c

So much for that idea. 1-1 game.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Marlins pick-up two. The lead may be insurmountable for our boys.
2drfischer@gmail.c

VanMeter starts the comeback with a lead off walk.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Good at bat by Gamel to get the run home and to move Hayes to 3rd. 3-2 Marlins with Mitchell up.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs can’t tie it. Mitchell needed to put the ball in play but struck out. Madris is the guy I’d prefer to see here instead of Mitchell, who really hasn’t impressed.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Keller does seem to be progressing. After a strong game he was victimized by some well-executed small ball.

On another note, I am happy for Gil Hodges finally making it to the HOF. Hodges is probably the second best player from southern Indiana. The best is the manager for Miami who called for those two bunts in the sixth inning.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Bucs can’t tie it.  Mitchell needed to put the ball in play but struck out.  Madris is the guy I’d prefer to see here instead of Mitchell, who really hasn’t impressed.

I agree. To that point, Madris homered last night in Indy and played his sixth game at first base. Maybe wheels are turning.
2drfischer@gmail.c

1F18342335560 wrote: Bucs can’t tie it.  Mitchell needed to put the ball in play but struck out.  Madris is the guy I’d prefer to see here instead of Mitchell, who really hasn’t impressed.

I agree.  To that point, Madris homered last night in Indy and played his sixth game at first base.  Maybe wheels are turning.

Would love to see Madris be able to handle 1B. The organization sure needs a player there, especially if Cruz is going to end up in the outfield.

Has anyone else noticed that the Bucs can’t hit? ::)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs down two headed to the bottom of the 9th. Let’s steal one!