Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/18 game 4 vs reds game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

No, still alive. Never give up.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Five back of the Giants with 13 left to play. Never give up I agree but the math for this is starting to get pretty impossible with every loss the Pirates have. The Pirates pretty much will be done by the weekend if they don't sweep the Brewers and at the very least pull within 3 games of the wildcard with 10 left to play.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think there's a real good chance they sweep the Brewers. They're on a roll now, with young pitchers eager to show they should be around next year. :)
steve49

Post by steve49 »

4A41494540415A1F196E574F464141004D412E0 wrote: No, still alive. Never give up.

Not going to happen. Start pulling for something they can realistically do... like finishing .500. I mean ....you can run for president in 2020 and you have a statistical chance.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They have a statistical chance still. Beating a one term president is more impossible.

(is "more" impossible a correct saying?)
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7C777F7376776C292F586179707777367B77180 wrote: They have a statistical chance still.  Beating a one term president is more impossible. 

I stand a better chance becoming the president of The Maldives than the Bucs have getting back into the wild card thing. That should put things in perspective.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0717162137373B540 wrote: They have a statistical chance still.  Beating a one term president is more impossible. 

I stand a better chance becoming the president of The Maldives than the Bucs have getting back into the wild card thing.  That should put things in perspective.

If Cutch plays the remaining 13 games and gets 4 ABs each game and hits a HR each time, he'll add 52 HRs to his current total of 23 and set the new single season HR record with 75! It could still happen! And if I hit the powerball each of the next 2 weeks, Cutch and I can go out and celebrate in style!
steve49

Post by steve49 »

557875646372652526170 wrote: They have a statistical chance still.  Beating a one term president is more impossible. 

I stand a better chance becoming the president of The Maldives than the Bucs have getting back into the wild card thing.  That should put things in perspective.

If Cutch plays the remaining 13 games and gets 4 ABs each game and hits a HR each time, he'll add 52 HRs to his current total of 23 and set the new single season HR record with 75! It could still happen! And if I hit the powerball each of the next 2 weeks, Cutch and I can go out and celebrate in style!

And I've been told there is a world record Northern Pike in Lake Athabasca . It's been seen before .. at least 50 lbs. The lake is about 120 miles long and 70 miles wide. I have a statistical chance of going to that lake , throw 1 cast and catching it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5F58495A4918152C0 wrote: They have a statistical chance still.  Beating a one term president is more impossible. 

And I've been told there is a world record Northern Pike in Lake Athabasca . It's been seen before .. at least 50 lbs.  The lake is about 120 miles long and 70 miles wide. I have a statistical chance of going to that lake , throw 1 cast and catching it.
Don't waste the cast. Until proven otherwise, it could be possible to talk the fish into surrendering.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

755855444352450506370 wrote: They have a statistical chance still.  Beating a one term president is more impossible. 

And I've been told there is a world record Northern Pike in Lake Athabasca . It's been seen before .. at least 50 lbs.  The lake is about 120 miles long and 70 miles wide. I have a statistical chance of going to that lake , throw 1 cast and catching it.
Don't waste the cast. Until proven otherwise, it could be possible to talk the fish into surrendering.

You had me laughing for about 10 minutes with that remark.