Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Trade

Post by Javy »

Just read a tweet that it is a 3 team trade and Luchessi is going to the Mets. Unknown what the Mets are giving up and where that player(s) are going.

Not sure how accurate that is though..it was a tweet on Lechesi's Baseball reference page
SCBucco

Trade

Post by SCBucco »

Even with Lucchessi going to the Muts, this is a heck of a return for Musgrove.  Head, Cruz and Fellows are intriguing.  Fellows is a Vandy kid, so Kumar will have a friend.  Bednar will help attendance seeing he is from the Burgh. Could you have imagined if NH would have went for something like this for Cole instead of what he got?
SammyKhalifa

Trade

Post by SammyKhalifa »

seems like it's still not all known:

Source: Pirates are getting Endy Rodriguez, switch hitting catcher, from Mets in Musgrove deal.
ChillinStation

Trade

Post by ChillinStation »

Just looked up all the suspects and the Lucchesi guy was the one I liked. Lefty starter with some mlb exp. and now he is traded. Dang.
wtmjkj@verizon.net

Trade

Post by wtmjkj@verizon.net »

A catching prospect? Are we allowed to have those?
SCBucco

Trade

Post by SCBucco »

79525356565354694E5B4E5355543A0 wrote: Just looked up all the suspects and the Lucchesi guy was the one I liked. Lefty starter with some mlb exp. and now he is traded. Dang.

We grossly overachieved on this deal. There are two suspects in this and one is now a Mut. The other is a Pittsburgh kid coming home. All the rest are prospects, including a CATCHING prospect coming our way. This trade was never about helping today if you look at all of BC's deals (Marte, Bell, and now Musgrove).
SammyKhalifa

Trade

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Now I don't really know much about the guys or how they'll turn out, but this seems like exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.
wtmjkj@verizon.net

Trade

Post by wtmjkj@verizon.net »

44767A7A6E5C7F767B7E7176170 wrote: Now I don't really know much about the guys or how they'll turn out, but this seems like exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.

It'll be some time before we see what they can do with these guys. What we can see now is that they're aiming for upside, as with Marte. So at least the approach is the right one.
GreenWeenie

Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

A catching prospect?  Are we allowed to have

What I want to know is- are we allowed to even have major league players?  At least in theory, it is a MLB team, isn't it?