Newspaper advertiser boycott over McCutchen trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5F5A5D5B5359405D5447414C350 wrote: The Weirton Medical Center describes itself as a nonprofit. I'd be more impressed if they were boycotting with their own money instead of someone else's.

It raises an interesting legal question:  any advertising dollars they spend would have to be for the good of the organization.  It's hard to find a connection between that and the trade of a ballplayer.
Could be they are going to spend advertising dollars in other places.  I didn't really see that in the story.  They got some free pr for doing this too.  Of course, a lot of Bob Nutting fans may say, I'm going to go to a different medical center.
[highlight][highlight]

[/highlight][/highlight]..

explains why there isn't a downside to Weirton's statement.
BenM

Post by BenM »

21120E0F0C04320F1408131405090E600 wrote: The Weirton Medical Center describes itself as a nonprofit. I'd be more impressed if they were boycotting with their own money instead of someone else's.

It raises an interesting legal question:  any advertising dollars they spend would have to be for the good of the organization.  It's hard to find a connection between that and the trade of a ballplayer.

I'm not sure it works that way. Just look at (non-profit) Allegheny Health Care Ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5wVzqtU5SU