Anyone with Cub fan friends that are starting to worry?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

here in Chicago its been interesting to watch the different reactions to the Cubbie start.

Many fans, especially the younger ones, and transplant band wagon types. Seemed to think it was a foregone conclusion that the Cubs would just get a free berth into the World Series for the next half decade or so.

The radio waves and cubbie tv shows are starting to amp up the worry factor this past week.

will be interesting to keep an eye on, as I don't see their Pitching returning to anywhere near 2016 levels this year...
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With the Cubs struggling wouldn't been great if the Pirates had Kang, Marte and a healthy Taillon. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope that the Bucs can stay competitive, and possibly in the second half of the season they could make a push to the division.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Many of us thought the Cubs got worse entering the 2017 season. They are very good, but not as good as last year. I am not surprised one bit.

Wait until Arietta gets tested for PEDs. It can get worse.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7F7372292029212C2B342E190 wrote: With the Cubs struggling wouldn't been great if the Pirates had Kang, Marte and a healthy Taillon. Maybe there is  a glimmer of hope that the Bucs can stay competitive, and possibly in the second half of the season they could make a push to the division.

If the division does open up and the Reds or the cardinals win the Central that would be the ultimate bummer.
BenM

Post by BenM »

2E293F37392E69651C3B313D3530723F33315C0 wrote:

If the division does open up and the Reds or the cardinals win the Central that would be the ultimate bummer.

Nah. The Brewers would be the ultimate bummer.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

77505B78350 wrote:

Nah. The Brewers would be the ultimate bummer.

But we will always have the real bragging rights - "our owner makes more money than your owner, nah nah nah".
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

735859445F475E724553535F300 wrote: here in Chicago its been interesting to watch the different reactions to the Cubbie start.

Many fans, especially the younger ones, and transplant band wagon types. Seemed to think it was a foregone conclusion that the Cubs would just get a free berth into the World Series for the next half decade or so.

The radio waves and cubbie tv shows are starting to amp up the worry factor this past week.

will be interesting to keep an eye on, as I don't see their Pitching returning to anywhere near 2016 levels this year...

So glad there is discontent in Wrigleyville! Fans there deserve to be disappointed in their team. Last year nothing really went wrong for the Cubbies. This year they are coming back down to the ground and finding that opponents are out to beat them.

Its a shame that I wont be going back to Chicagoland so I can wear my Pirate hat very proudly on the train from Oak Park to downtown. What an experience that was. Cubs fans just plain suck and they deserve the let down they are getting now.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

4C474F4346475C191F685149404747064B47280 wrote: Many of us thought the Cubs got worse entering the 2017 season.  They are very good, but not as good as last year. I am not surprised one bit.

Wait until Arietta gets tested for PEDs. It can get worse.

he's been tested many many times the past 3 years.

but judging from his performance this year, even if he was taking something and masking it very well.

he ain't taking it anymore!!!!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Yes, he claims he has been tested many times. Barry Bonds never failed a test either, but was using some drug that was undetected according to BALCO.

I am kind of kidding about Arietta, but the guy got huge (like, huge) in a very short period of time and then dominated the game. He claims he was tested a lot, but Rizzo said himself he was only tested once a year after Marte got busted.

It is very hard to repeat in Baseball. Only three teams since 2008 better themselves the next year after making the playoffs. Of course, the Cubs can't better themselves but assumed they would be playoff bound.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

A good friend of mine is a lifelong Cubs fan. Has a Cubs podcast, travels the country to see the team, etc. He isn't concerned. He's not talking title as much as he was a month ago, but he doesn't think the Cubs are a .500 team either. All of the bandwagon fans though, do seem to be losing it.