Am I the only one who actually thinks that .....

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I hate to say it, but among the reasons that opponents have better hitters is because of who they hit against. That would be Pirates pitchers, much to my dismay. :(

You don't need to be good. All you need to be is better than who you're playing. That's about it for my words of wisdom.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I feel as though the roster will be better this year than last.  I expect some guys (Santana, Hill) to be dealt at the Deadline, perhaps leading to fewer wins over the final two months. 

My guess is that the team will win about 8-12 more games than a year ago.  That’s okay as long as the younger guys are doing most of the contributing. If they’re not the ones doing the heavy lifting, the future may not be what many of us are hoping for.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It will be better than last year until Reynolds leaves. I'm not sure that they'll make up for his absence.
GermanTownship

Post by GermanTownship »

According to Barstool Sports, the over/under is 66.5 wins this season for our Bucs. I think that we could see at least 70 wins this year. As a matter of fact, I am going to bet 70 wins.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

755E4C765E43525854775459543B0 wrote: Our bucs could have a winning season?
No sir, you are not. In fact, I've predicted them for 84 wins.

Before everyone reminds me of my many negative off-season posts, or asks me what I've been smoking, I will explain that the retention of Brian Reynolds and the additions of Rich Hill and Andrew McCutchen have brightened my outlook considerably.

Among the three of them, I think they'll be enough WAR to get us above the line.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

113A28123A27363C3013303D305F0 wrote: Our bucs could have a winning season?

I think you're a year early.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0922300A223F2E24280B282528470 wrote: Our bucs could have a winning season?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I think that I'd place money on the pigs before I'd squander it on the Bucs. I'm risk-adverse. ;)