Ozuna

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Ozuna

Post by CarolinaBucco »

So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

He was paid $3.5M last year and has at least 3 years to go before hitting free agency.

I'm guessing the Cards sent the Marlins something along the lines of two B-level prospects, a bucket of balls and a ham sandwich.

My question is ... did the Pirates even TRY to acquire Ozuna, since he is affordable and the pretty was low?
SCBucco

Ozuna

Post by SCBucco »

4062716C6F6A6D62417660606C030 wrote: So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

He was paid $3.5M last year and has at least 3 years to go before hitting free agency.

I'm guessing the Cards sent the Marlins something along the lines of two B-level prospects, a bucket of balls and a ham sandwich.

My question is ... did the Pirates even TRY to acquire Ozuna, since he is affordable and the pretty was low?

You know the answer to that question.

One of the rumored names going back is a young flame thrower, Alcantara or something like that.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Ozuna

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2103100D0E0B0C03201701010D620 wrote: So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

The Marlins got a good return. I assume this was a back up plan if (and he did) Stanton said No.

I doubt the Pirates had interest.
rucker59@gmail.com

Ozuna

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

755744595A5F58577443555559360 wrote: So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

It's like the Pirates have no interest in even trying....

notes34

Ozuna

Post by notes34 »

4F444C4045445F1A1C6B524A4344440548442B0 wrote: So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

The Marlins got a good return. I assume this was a back up plan if (and he did) Stanton said No.

I doubt the Pirates had interest.
Please tell me why the Pirates wouldn't or shouldn't have interest?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Ozuna

If the Pirates are rebuilding, they won't bring in a 27 year old with five years of service time. If the Pirates are adding, a starting outfielder isn't the biggest need. They have three guys under decent contracts.

That is my opinion why they wouldn't go after a top outfielder. That is not my opinion on why they shouldn't. Ozuna is a top player and I would love him in my outfield.
INbuc

Ozuna

Post by INbuc »

547665787B7E79765562747478170 wrote: So the Cards get Ozuna ... a young superstar. Of course they do.

I am going to guess that the Marlins will be getting Grichuk and Alcantara back as the principals pieces in this trade..and maybe some other pieces. I would think the Bucs could have made a competitive offer if the nerve center had any nerve left.
timozbuck

Ozuna

Post by timozbuck »

I hope this team goes 0-162....maybe then, real change would occur. It’s becoming comical listening to these idiots in the front office.

There is absolutely no reason not to go after Ozuna if you are NH.
SCBucco

Ozuna

Post by SCBucco »

555E565A5F5E450006714850595E5E1F525E310 wrote: If the Pirates are rebuilding, they won't bring in a 27 year old with five years of service time. If the Pirates are adding, a starting outfielder isn't the biggest need. They have three guys under decent contracts.

That is my opinion why they wouldn't go after a top outfielder. That is not my opinion on why they shouldn't. Ozuna is a top player and I would love him in my outfield.

One of the OF's is on the major decline and is a free agent after this season.  Most people with brains would prefer Ozuna now over Cutch.  Younger, cheaper and more controllable.  Did I mention better?

A rebuild means Cole is gone, Cutch is gone ... even though I would send both packing, I'm not sure NH is ready to throw in the towel, even though he should with this roster.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Ozuna

You think trading Cole and McCutchen isn't throwing in the towel?

If that happens, they won't bring in a 27 year old with five years under his belt.