A Reynolds Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

A Reynolds Trade

Post by JollyRoger »

There is a lot of speculation and interest involving A Bryan Reynolds  trade. At the forefront of those rumors is the NY Yankees.

They are looking to replace Hicks and have a history of trading with the Pirates. Reynolds has a team friendly contract that locks him up for 3 years I believe.

With the call up of Suwinski, Mitchell, and now Swaggerty the Pirates will soon have a log jam in the OF. Especially if they call up Cruz and put him in the OF.

With Reynolds struggling do you do a trade. One of the players being discussed from the NYY is LH pitcher Waldichuk. He is dominating AA and is a high strike out pitcher. The Bucs need a good starting left hander. Prospect Volpe is untouchable, but Jasson Dominguez might be in play also.

I considered Reynolds part of the core for the next period of challenging for the playoffs. However if they could get a Waldichuk and Dominguez package I would go for it.

What say you Only Bucs Posters?
Ecbucs

A Reynolds Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

personally, I don't want to trade him and think his value is lower now.
WildwoodDave2

A Reynolds Trade

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

143233243222510 wrote: personally, I don't want to trade him and think his value is lower now.
I will go along Ebuc
WildwoodDave2

A Reynolds Trade

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

417F7A72617979725277607324160 wrote: personally, I don't want to trade him and think his value is lower now.
I will go along Ebuc
Ecbuc
Bobster21

A Reynolds Trade

Post by Bobster21 »

113437372209343C3E295B0 wrote: There is a lot of speculation and interest involving A Bryan Reynolds  trade. At the forefront of those rumors is the NY Yankees.

They are looking to replace Hicks and have a history of trading with the Pirates. Reynolds has a team friendly contract that locks him up for 3 years I believe.

With the call up of Suwinski, Mitchell, and now Swaggerty the Pirates will soon have a log jam in the OF. Especially if they call up Cruz and put him in the OF.

With Reynolds struggling do you do a trade. One of the players being discussed from the NYY is LH pitcher Waldichuk. He is dominating AA and is a high strike out pitcher. The Bucs need a good starting left hander. Prospect Volpe is untouchable, but Jasson Dominguez might be in play also.

I considered Reynolds part of the core for the next period of challenging for the playoffs. However if they could get a Waldichuk and Dominguez package I would go for it.

I haven't been hearing any speculation about trading Reynolds. But the way he's now hitting, he wouldn't have much trade value. So why trade him at his lowest value?
GreenWeenie

A Reynolds Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

Keep Reynolds and add talent.
Ecbucs

A Reynolds Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

about the only players I want to trade during this season are ones the team knows aren't going to be back next year.
skinnyhorse

A Reynolds Trade

Post by skinnyhorse »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: There is a lot of speculation and interest involving A Bryan Reynolds  trade. At the forefront of those rumors is the NY Yankees.

I haven't been hearing any speculation about trading Reynolds. But the way he's now hitting, he wouldn't have much trade value. So why trade him at his lowest value?
If he doesn't fetch a big return I'd just bench him and see if he changed his attitude and got his A$$ in gear. If not leave him on the bench until he gets it in gear. Their is no reason for his decline he's not old enough to start a decline, there's nothing physically wrong with him so I say bench him he's hurting the team and until he gets his head on straight leave him on the bench and let him pinch hit every now and then. I'm fed up with him.
GreenWeenie

A Reynolds Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

Has there been one report of any "attitude" issue with Reynolds?  I've read none.

Not that Reynolds is any Mike Trout, but I doubt many Angels fans said that Trout had attitude problems that caused his recent slump.

Unless someone shows me something credible to go on, I'll disregard any "attitude" blaming.
Ecbucs

A Reynolds Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

Reynolds did have Covid in late April. Who knows the short spring training plus Covid might have set him back.

He still seems to be a plus fielder and I don't see any reason to think his bat will not come back.