The #7 prospect for 2020

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by psuinpgh21 »

It's bad that I'm getting forgetful already. Who are you kids? Get off my lawn! Added Lolo Sanchez, corrected the level for Mason Martin. Tahnaj Thomas wins a close one for the #7 spot

The results so far:

1. Mitch Keller, SP, 23, AAA/ML, 63.2% of the votes

2. Ke'Bryan Hayes, 3B, 22, AAA 79.6% of the votes

3. O'Neil Cruz, 21, SS?, High A, 71.7% of the votes

4. Quinn Priester, 19, SP, Rookie, 23.6% of the votes, won run-off for #4

5. Travis Swaggerty, 22, OF, High A, 42.6% of the votes.

6. Cody Bolton, 21, SP, AA, 31.2% of the vote

7. Tahnaj Thomas, 20, SP, Low A, 32.7% of the votes

steve49

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by steve49 »

No way Thomas is a better prospect than Martin.
psuinpgh21

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Key is strikeouts- if Martin can cut them down and Thomas can add them up. It appears enough of your fellow voters disagree with your assessment though...2D2A3B283B6A675E0 wrote: No way Thomas is a better prospect than Martin.
OrlandoMerced

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Is there even one prospect site that ranks Martin ahead of Thomas?
DemDog

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by DemDog »

P2 ranks Thomas #5 and Martin #15 in their pre-season rankings.
steve49

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by steve49 »

7A5B537A51593E0 wrote: P2 ranks Thomas #5 and Martin #15 in their pre-season rankings. 

Yes , but I believe P2 is Pirates Prospects which I do subscribe to. While I screamed bloody murder over the Archer trade , they thought it was a greatest thing since sliced bread . So like I said Martin is a better prospect ?
johnfluharty

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by johnfluharty »

2423322132636E570 wrote: P2 ranks Thomas #5 and Martin #15 in their pre-season rankings. 

Yes , but I believe P2 is Pirates Prospects which I do subscribe to. While I screamed bloody murder over the Archer trade , they thought it was a greatest thing since sliced bread . So like I said Martin is a better prospect ?

I am a member at Pirates Prospects as well and I don't remember anyone over there saying anything remotely like the Archer trade being the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe there were one or two guys in comments posts, but certainly not the writers.
Ecbucs

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by Ecbucs »

interesting that 3 of the players on the poll so far are from international signings (Cruz, Thomas and Sanchez)

Yet in an area where the Pirates should be able to compete with other teams (international signings) the two best international players the Bucs have, came in trades.

OrlandoMerced

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I don't think that an area to criticize them.

At least in the sense that they haven't signed any prospects in the last three years (since they started competing in this market). While they don't have a Wander Franco, they have a bounty of guys that could breakout going forward.

But, their unwillingness to compete for players prior to the rule change was definitely stupid and is very open to criticism.
steve49

The #7 prospect for 2020

Post by steve49 »

525750565E544D50594A4C41380 wrote: P2 ranks Thomas #5 and Martin #15 in their pre-season rankings. 

I am a member at Pirates Prospects as well and I don't remember anyone over there saying anything remotely like the Archer trade being the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Maybe there were one or two guys in comments posts, but certainly not the writers.

Someone on your staff wrote an extensive piece on why this was a good trade for the Pirates. My memory is not good enough to remember which one but then again your memory is not stellar ether as you don't recall at all. You certainly would agree it was covered by the site , so simply ask who wrote it up and what their opinion was ? If you check this out , you will find I'm correct .