Does Anyone Else See This?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I mentioned last week that I noticed something unusual with the boad. Last night, I was able to find more specifics. Wondering if others have noticed?

I access the board two ways. Ordinarily, I've leaned toward using my tablet PC. Lately, it's more slanted to using my smartphone.

In the last couple of weeks, I see that more threads show on the tablet PC than the phone. Before that, both were identical.

And, some of the ordering's different.

I don't think that any of my settings are any different. I don't even know if we're able to hide/show or rearrange entire threads.

I access them the same way, so I don't think that would make any diff.

Anybody else experience this?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6154434348714343484F43260 wrote: I mentioned last week that I noticed something unusual with the boad.  Last night, I was able to find more specifics.  Wondering if others have noticed?

I access the board two ways.  Ordinarily, I've leaned toward using my tablet PC.  Lately, it's more slanted to using my smartphone. 

In the last couple of weeks, I see that more threads show on the tablet PC than the phone.  Before that, both were identical.

I don't think that any of my settings are any different.  I don't even know if we're able to hide/show or rearrange entire threads. 

Nope!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I rarely use my phone anymore but I haven't noticed a difference.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

665344444F7644444F4844210 wrote: I mentioned last week that I noticed something unusual with the boad.  Last night, I was able to find more specifics.  Wondering if others have noticed?

I access the board two ways.  Ordinarily, I've leaned toward using my tablet PC.  Lately, it's more slanted to using my smartphone. 

In the last couple of weeks, I see that more threads show on the tablet PC than the phone.  Before that, both were identical.

I don't think that any of my settings are any different.  I don't even know if we're able to hide/show or rearrange entire threads. 

I always use my phone and I've never noticed missing threads. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Strange. I guess I'll need to look at the addresses to see whether they match. Didn't think I'd need to since I just Google "OnlyBucs" for both of them.

thx.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm not a technogeek, but I know how to work the mouse when I need one. This seems odd.

I typed in the exact IP address from here to my phone. Exact. Letter for letter, number for number, symbol for symbol.

Yet, there are still a number of differences.

For example, on here- my tablet- the thread on "Yoshi" doesn't show. It does on my phone.

The orders are different.

There are some threads on here that don't show on the phone.

Just noticed this happeing within the past ten days. Before that, they always matched.

There has to be a reason, but it's not a matter of life and death. Maybe Ben's swinging back at me. ;)
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Weird.

Normally whenever something strange happens I assume it's something with cookies. But the forum has had the missing thread issue and such for quite a while and it's been happening to multiple people. So . . .
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

41737F7F6B597A737E7B7473120 wrote: Weird. 

Normally whenever something strange happens I assume it's something with cookies.  But the forum has had the missing thread issue and such for quite a while and it's been happening to multiple people.  So . . .

I was thinking it might be a difference in the cookie or other security settings.

i just saw Dave's post re: MLB clubs paying for minor league players' housing. But, I see that 3p3's comment that he posted last night is gone....maybe he deleted it. Who knows?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

It still could be something like that. GW clear your browser cache and see if that helps.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

467478786C5E7D74797C7374150 wrote: Weird. 

Normally whenever something strange happens I assume it's something with cookies.  But the forum has had the missing thread issue and such for quite a while and it's been happening to multiple people.  So . . .
We've discovered that when threads go missing they appear as the last thread on the last page of the Fan Forum. There are currently 169 pages. No idea how that happens but at least we now know where to find them.