Miguel Andujar

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Miguel Andujar

Post by JollyRoger »

I am OK with the trade of Cole to the Astros and the return the Bucs received. But my preference was trading with the Yanks and getting Andujar and Chance Adams.

I know it’s only spring but Andujar just connected on his 3rd and 4th homers of the spring. I sure hoe Moran works out. If not then the Cole trade would be an opportunity lost.
Quail

Miguel Andujar

Post by Quail »

Still a little early to draw any conclusions about how Andujar and Moran might compare in terms of their MLB success. Spring training numbers are notoriously unreliable predictors of future success. I'd also suggest that Musgrove might turn into the next Kershaw, and ten years from now people might well be saying "Moran who?", but the trade might be considered one of the best the Pirates ever made.
BucsFaninGA

Miguel Andujar

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Give the young fellas some time and opportunities to get their feet wet and some AB and IP under their belts...Astros have a good system. Curious to see how Moran pans out as he definitely improved last season.

Beat'em Bucs! 8-)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Miguel Andujar

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I doubt the Yankees ever had Andujar on the table for Cole. They are a very hard team to trade with. They overrate their prospects big time.

Don't forget that Moran was supposed to be part of that Astros's core. He lost his job due to an injury. I wanted Moran if a deal with the Astros was going down. I hope he pans out.
dmetz

Miguel Andujar

Post by dmetz »

I think the return was light. BUT, I'm not sure NH is lying when he insuates that both Andujar and Adams weren't available. I find it hard to believe that Andujar was unavailable alone, but paired with Adams I can believe it.
NJBucsFan

Miguel Andujar

Post by NJBucsFan »

666D65696C6D763335427B636A6D6D2C616D020 wrote: I doubt the Yankees ever had Andujar on the table for Cole.  They are a very hard team to trade with.  They overrate their prospects big time.

Their fans are even worse. Typical local talk radio talk out here is "we should give them Luis Sojo for Cole, they need a third baseman."