Cards DFA Josh Lucas

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Noticed the Cards Dfa Josh Lucas a right handed pitcher who fits the Bucs typical pitcher at 6ft 6 inches. His career minor league stats show he fans more than he walks guys. We have 3 open slots on the roster so maybe he is worth a waiver claim?
Ecbucs

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by Ecbucs »

3D31306B626B636E69766C5B0 wrote: Noticed the Cards Dfa Josh Lucas a right handed pitcher who fits the Bucs typical pitcher at 6ft 6 inches. His career minor league stats show he fans more than he walks guys. We have 3 open slots on the roster so maybe he is worth a waiver claim?

he had a good spring too. He may be out of options, but Santana could go to Indy if needed. Will be interesting to see what happens to Lucas.
CarolinaBucco

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Good example of what i mentioned earlier. Seems like there should be some DFA guys out there who could help the Pirates. This might be a textbook case.
INbuc

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by INbuc »

Lucas was a roster casualty when the Cards surprisingly decided to promote Jordan Hicks from A ball to the majors this week. Hicks has a big arm and has reached 102. Though he has only given up 4 HR in 160 minor league innings, he only averaged 7.4K /9. Lucas might be ok but I can't believe the Cards would release him if they really liked him.
INbuc

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by INbuc »

To close the book on Lucas, I saw he was traded this morning to the A's for a minor league pitcher. The A's optioned Lucas to AAA Nashville.
DemDog

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by DemDog »

I find it funny that this thread even exists. Seems most of us on this board complain when the Bucs go "dumpter" diving on marginal vets or other guys who are DFAd.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0E2F270E252D4A0 wrote: I find it funny that this thread even exists.  Seems most of us on this board complain when the Bucs go "dumpter" diving on marginal vets or other guys who are DFAd.

Right. It also proves that other teams make the same exact moves too.

When the Pirates do it, it's stupid and cost saving.

Other teams do it, they are so smart and the Pirates are too cheap to add a player.

Just can't win.
DemDog

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by DemDog »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: I find it funny that this thread even exists.  Seems most of us on this board complain when the Bucs go "dumpter" diving on marginal vets or other guys who are DFAd.

Other teams do it, they are so smart and the Pirates are too cheap to add a player.

Just can't win.

Finally we agree on something Dog. You certainly got your thinking cap on today. ;) ;) ;)
dmetz

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by dmetz »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: I find it funny that this thread even exists.  Seems most of us on this board complain when the Bucs go "dumpter" diving on marginal vets or other guys who are DFAd.

Just can't win.

"Just can't win" is your excuse for everything pirates related. It's ironic since the pirates play a game, the point of which is to win.

You should change your slogan to "just don't win".

Haven't won a pennant or WS in 38 years. Have won 5 championships in 137 years of ball.

Havent won the division in 27 years. After this season, they will have had 3 under .500 seasons of their last 6.

These guys are losers. They "just don't win"
Bobster21

Cards DFA Josh Lucas

Post by Bobster21 »

303B333F3A3B206563142D353C3B3B7A373B540 wrote: I find it funny that this thread even exists.  Seems most of us on this board complain when the Bucs go "dumpter" diving on marginal vets or other guys who are DFAd.

Just can't win.

I think the issue is not that other teams make these kinds of moves too. Of course they do. All teams do. The issue is that these kinds of moves are not the primary strategy of other teams like they are with the Pirates. Kudos to the Bucs for acquiring a legit player like Dickerson. But I think we were all surprised because it was so different from the dumpster-type acquisitions they generally rely on to improve the team.