Big blow for the Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Big blow for the Cards

Post by JollyRoger »

Alex Reyes will undergo TJ surgery. He is lost for the season.

The Pirates just gained some ground on the Cards
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Big blow for the Cards

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They traded away a starter from last year too. How bad is Wacha injured?

The Cardinals didn't add much to their 86 win, missing playoffs season of 2016.
Ecbucs

Big blow for the Cards

Post by Ecbucs »

262D25292C2D367375023B232A2D2D6C212D420 wrote: They traded away a starter from last year too.  How bad is Wacha injured?

and Holiday is gone while Dexter Fowler has been added. The Bucs should easily beat the Cards out in 2017.
rucker59@gmail.com

Big blow for the Cards

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

082E2F382E3E4D0 wrote: They traded away a starter from last year too.  How bad is Wacha injured?

and Holiday is gone while Dexter Fowler has been added.  The Bucs should easily beat the Cards out in 2017.

I think we can be expecting the Cardinals to make some sort of move. I do not believe they will do nothing.

IABucFan

Big blow for the Cards

Post by IABucFan »

I actually like the Cards rotation.  I think we'll see a better Adam Wainwright.  Lance Lynn is back from TJ surgery.  Carlos Martinez is still a true #1.  Assuming Wacha is healthy, I'd take their rotation over ours.  It will be a major dogfight with them. But, I like our rotation top to bottom better than theirs.
Blackmax

Big blow for the Cards

Post by Blackmax »

4D4A5C545A4D0A067F58525E5653115C50523F0 wrote: They traded away a starter from last year too.  How bad is Wacha injured?

and Holiday is gone while Dexter Fowler has been added.  The Bucs should easily beat the Cards out in 2017.

I think we can be expecting the Cardinals to make some sort of move.  I do not believe they will do nothing.

What do they have in trade value with Reyes out? I suppose they could move Grichuk, but who else could they add to bring back a front end arm? They have a hard throwing arm at A ball, but that would just about empty their farm system of high end prospects.
notes34

Big blow for the Cards

Post by notes34 »

I would expect the Cards to make a move. They will add a starting pitcher somehow.
DemDog

Big blow for the Cards

Post by DemDog »

I'm sorry for Reyes. He seemed to be a really up and coming star to be. A shame for him that he will lose 2 yrs of experience and learning. I wish him well.

Now for the Cards. It could not have happened to a more deserving team other than maybe the Cubs. Lets root for Bryant and Rizzo and Arrietta to go down for a long time. ;D
iabucco

Big blow for the Cards

Post by iabucco »

They will probably trade for Liriano and he will have a comeback year. I don't know who is more annoying in Iowa; the cub fans that are everywhere now or the Cards' fans who think they are the perfect organization.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Big blow for the Cards

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4840435442424E210 wrote: They will probably trade for Liriano and he will have a comeback year.  I don't know who is more annoying in Iowa; the cub fans that are everywhere now or the Cards' fans who think they are the perfect organization. 

That's my biggest hate of the Cubs: their fans.

They have always been bad but at least I could say 108 back to them. Now, they are the best organization ever after being one of the worst. Don't forget, they are in a major market and always sell out their games. New owner finally realized how to win.