Ervin Santana

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Ervin Santana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Twins are rebuilding and might be trading Santana. He has a good contract too. I would be all for Santana depending on what was traded back to the Twins.

Here is an article with some suggestions:

http://rumbunter.com/2016/11/16/pittsbu ... in-santana
SammyKhalifa

Ervin Santana

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2B20282421203B7E780F362E272020612C204F0 wrote: The Twins are rebuilding and might be trading Santana.  He has a good contract too.  I would be all for Santana depending on what was traded back to the Twins.

Seems like an interesting thought. I'm still a bit leery of bringing in someone like Sale.
Quail

Ervin Santana

Post by Quail »

If all it would take to acquire Santana is Elias Diaz and Alen Hanson (as the article suggests) I'd do that. Would the Pirates go for a middle of the rotation starter at $13.5M-$14M? Not sure their "internal value" system would allow it.
Ecbucs

Ervin Santana

Post by Ecbucs »

54666A6A7E4C6F666B6E6166070 wrote: The Twins are rebuilding and might be trading Santana.  He has a good contract too.  I would be all for Santana depending on what was traded back to the Twins.

Seems like an interesting thought.  I'm still a bit leery of bringing in someone like Sale.

Santana's contract is higher than Sales but he should cost a lot less in prospects.

Maybe Diaz, Newman and Kingham would be enough (naturally a wild guess on my part). Could be that with price of pitching so high Santana will be in demand. See that the Rangers have signed Cashner for 10 million for one year.
CTBucco

Ervin Santana

Post by CTBucco »

527475627464170 wrote:

See that the Rangers have signed Cashner for 10 million for one year.

If I was Cashner, I would've taken $8M or $9M to pitch in Pittsburgh under Searage rather than going to the hitter-friendly Rangers stadium. It's not likely to help his numbers rebound.
BucsFaninGA

Ervin Santana

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I think Santana is indeed a option for our Battling Buccos! Will be interesting to see what NH does...The dominos will start falling here in the next couple weeks with the Winter Meetings the first full week of Dec. But we need more than Santana...I would love to see Nova and Santana in the rotation with Cole, Taillon and Kuhl. And gee whiz, I sure hope we have seen the last of Jeff Locke....

Beat'em Bucs

Bucs Fan in GA :D
RichD

Ervin Santana

Post by RichD »

I would like Santana . But we really need a lefty. I`snt the other Santana making a comeback ?

I bet we get him ...Johan welcome to the Bucs!!!