Bryce Brentz, new OF, is he prospect-poll worthy?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Pirates add 29 year old right-handed hitting OF since the Red Sox Designated him for assignment when they signed J.D. Martinez. Still qualifies as a rookie and has power potential. Should he be added to the poll?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5655534F4856414E1417260 wrote: Pirates add 29 year old right-handed hitting OF since the Red Sox Designated him for assignment when they signed J.D. Martinez. Still qualifies as a rookie and has power potential. Should he be added to the poll?

No ... 29-year rookie. If you say should we add him to the suspect list, I would agree. Something about a 29-year old rookie doesn't sound appealing.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I voted no, it would be embarrassing for him to finish 58th.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Garrett Freaking Jones? From the righty side
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Considering that he's about to have more ML success than half of this list, I'd think he should already be listed
PMike

Post by PMike »

616860717F050 wrote: Considering that he's about to have more ML success than half of this list, I'd think he should already be listed

Lol! There is actually a lot of truth to that!
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

312C080A04610 wrote: Considering that he's about to have more ML success than half of this list, I'd think he should already be listed

Lol!  There is actually a lot of truth to that!

There is. The tendency seem to be to vote in someone that will be a future swingman/long relief guy in favor of someone that's doing it now.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Right now to me he is Jordan Luplow 5 years older. The potential looks like it could be there to be another Garrett Jones. These are players that are complimentary pieces on a good team and shouldn’t be discussed when talking about him potentially being the opening day starter in left field. Good teams don’t have these kinds of issues.