The results are in on the Caminero Trade . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

From MLBTRs

Caminero Trade Completed
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Probably a long time before we see what talent these 2 kids can bring!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

That's what Tim at Pirates Prospects days.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This is EXACTLY the kind of return that should have gone to the Yankees for Nova (who was terrible at the time of the trade, and also a 2-month rental).

Instead we sent them 2 top 30 prospects. I really don't understand it.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4B697A67646166694A7D6B6B67080 wrote: This is EXACTLY the kind of return that should have gone to the Yankees for Nova (who was terrible at the time of the trade, and also a 2-month rental).

Agree NH is getting schooled.
PMike

Post by PMike »

7E666463637465627F7E680D0 wrote: This is EXACTLY the kind of return that should have gone to the Yankees for Nova (who was terrible at the time of the trade, and also a 2-month rental).

Agree NH is getting schooled.

Ridiculous. Are you suggesting that Nova and Caminero had equal value at the trade deadline?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Yes actually I am. Nova was bad, plus he's a 2-month rental. He should have brought almost nothing in return, which is about what Caminero did.
PMike

Post by PMike »

785A49545752555A794E5858543B0 wrote: Yes actually I am. Nova was bad, plus he's a 2-month rental. He should have brought almost nothing in return, which is about what Caminero did.
Caminero was just as bad and a relief pitcher.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

617C585A54310 wrote: Yes actually I am. Nova was bad, plus he's a 2-month rental. He should have brought almost nothing in return, which is about what Caminero did.

true but remember how valuable years of control are.
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

1D3B3A2D3B2B580 wrote: Yes actually I am. Nova was bad, plus he's a 2-month rental. He should have brought almost nothing in return, which is about what Caminero did.

true but remember how valuable years of control are.

Years of control aren't all the valuable and shorter when a player is borderline replacement level. Can you honestly see Caminero getting tendered more than once at this point? I can't. I don't think you can really view Caminero as having more than a year or two of control beyond this one. Better stated, I don't think you can place much value on those final two years at this point. Personally, I think the Pirates got about what I would have expected. Pedro Vasquez is pretty interesting. Good size and success for level at a young age to where he could still be projectable. Already throwing in the low 90's according to FG. I'll be excited if the Pirates move him to Bradenton next year.

Nova's already provide .6 fWAR to the Pirates. Caminero may not yield that the rest of his career. I think given the market you have to expect the difference in return between the two.