Musgrove Scratched From Sunday Start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Joe Musgrove has been scratched from tomorrow’s start due to an ankle injury. Brault will start tomorrow’s game. The Bucs pitchers are getting hurt and they are running out of options to replace them.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I disagree. The pitching is so bad, they're easily replaced with someone who won't miss a beat....or a bat.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

There you go.

For all those guys who wanted to do nothing at all and see what we have, this is what we have.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Also Evans out for the rest of the year with a broken jaw from the collision with Mr. Polanco.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

When it rains, it pours.

When it pours, it's .200.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5B5F5760766653747B150 wrote: Also Evans out for the rest of the year with a broken jaw from the collision with Mr. Polanco.
Gotta feel bad for Evans. He's been in pro ball for 9 years, had a cup 'o coffee twice with the Mets and finally at age 27 gets a legit shot to show he belongs in MLB. He has clearly been the best player on the Pirates so far. That may not be saying much but he was legit. Now it'll be back to square one next year. At least he opened some eyes and will get a chance again next season.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

When you look for guys to kind of pull for this year -- Evans and Burdi were at the top of my list. Sheesh ...
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

674A47565140571714250 wrote: Also Evans out for the rest of the year with a broken jaw from the collision with Mr. Polanco.
Gotta feel bad for Evans. He's been in pro ball for 9 years, had a cup 'o coffee twice with the Mets and finally at age 27 gets a legit shot to show he belongs in MLB. He has clearly been the best player on the Pirates so far. That may not be saying much but he was legit. Now it'll be back to square one next year. At least he opened some eyes and will get a chance again next season.

I'll tell you who I feel sorry for. I feel sorry for Yankees fans, Twins fans, large market A's fans, large market Marlins fans, no good Cubs fans, and Rockies fans.

They're missing out on all this seeing-what-they-have fun. :(

Scratch that. I'll never feel sorry for Cubs fans. Or, Reds fans. So, I guess I'll change that to feeling sorry for Dodgers fans, too.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

303C3D666F666E63647B61560 wrote: Joe Musgrove has been scratched from tomorrow’s start due to an ankle injury. Brault will start tomorrow’s game. The Bucs pitchers are getting hurt and they are running out of options to replace them.

Hard to imagine things being worse, but it's not like they can go back to November and start over.  So they have these alternatives going forward:

1.  Start signing available free agents.

2.  Continue to play their current guys to see if any are worth keeping over the next few years.

3.  Some combination of the first two.

4.  Forfeit the rest of the season.

We know that making maximum profits is the first priority of the organization.  That eliminates #1 and likely #3.  Nutting's not going to allow additional spending in this lost year.  #4, of course, is out of the question.  That leaves #2.  Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention. 

So if #2 is the best available choice, they should put everything into it to get the most out of it.  Play the guys who matter the most (Bell, Reynolds, Newman, Moran) every inning the rest of the way.  Sprinkle in other guys who BC may not yet be sure of, like Osuna, Tucker, Hayes, and Martin, and play them everyday.  The rest of the players don't matter.  They're only here to fill out a line-up so the others can play.  Most will be gone after the season ends.

The season is lost, but that doesn't mean something can't be gained.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What's gained is all that interest BOB gets from good old First Of Wheeling.

Cha-CHING!

Bad baseball's better than no baseball at all.