It's great to finally be registered on here!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

Born in Pittsburgh. Raised in Albuquerque, NM from the age of six. My dad and his siblings (God rest their wonderful souls) were raised in North Side. My grandpa and grandma (born in Croatia, Yugoslavia), came here in the early 1900's and raised five children and all were Pirates and Steelers fans.

Fondest Pirates memory was being on the playground as a 4th-grader at Queen of Heaven school in Albuquerque and hearing that Maz hit the HR that won the series for them. Unhappiest memory, of course, was waking up to Roberto Clemente's death years later.

Go Bucs!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Welcome! :)
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

NML that is what you might get as your user name is long. But whatever you are called it is great to have you along for the ride as we all bleed Bucs black and gold.

I also appreciate that you are closer to my age than a lot of guys here. Some have said I am so old that I rooted for Honus Wagner ;D

So come on back and give your two cents worth on any topic related to Bucs baseball.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Welcome to our newest New Mexico poster
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Hey ChiTown, have the Cubby fans forgiven Bartman yet? Are they going absolutley nuts? Talked to my daughter who moved to Seattle due to new job for husband and you know how much she hates the Cubs and their fans. Well she has really disappointed me by telling me she hopes the Cubs win it all just to get all the moaning and groaning from their fans over with. Still they only have 2 WS wins since 1908 while the Bucs will have 5 and the Yankees too many to count. ;D
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Hey Possum:

We know you're not old enough to have seen Honus Wagner. Now Paul Waner on the other hand.....???
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

43666565705B666E6C7B090 wrote: Hey Possum:

We know you're not old enough to have seen Honus Wagner. Now Paul Waner on the other hand.....???

Funny, funny! 8-)
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

5C77766B7068715D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: Welcome to our newest New Mexico poster Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I have to ask -- is there another New Mexico member here? If so, who would it be? And where in New Mexico does this person live?

Thanks in advance!
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

16373F163D35520 wrote: Hey ChiTown, have the Cubby fans forgiven Bartman yet?  Are they going absolutley nuts?  Talked to my daughter who moved to Seattle due to new job for husband and you know how much she hates the Cubs and their fans.  Well she has really disappointed me by telling me she hopes the Cubs win it all just to get all the moaning and groaning from their fans over with.  Still they only have 2 WS wins since 1908 while the Bucs will have 5 and the Yankees too many to count.   ;D

I have a son who lives there in Seattle. Your trips to see your daughter and grandkids just took a huge step up Possum. Seattle is so beautiful and the islands in the Sound are gorgeous if you want to get out of the city. That son grew up a Cubs fan (he met Vance Law when he was 11 and Vance was with the Cubs) but he is a big M's fan now. I thought a bit of his heart might be with the Chubs this year but it's not, he is all in with the M's and went to about 25 games this year.

I worry Cubs fan heads will get to big for their own good -- like Red Sox did once they won. That would be bad for all of us!

Welcome NML! North of Salt Lake for me. And I think we have a couple of Arizona posters. But you might be the first Lobo.