Next Nine Games; Hot streak???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Two games against the White Sox at home; Four games against the Padres at home; and three games against Reds on the road. The Sox are 10-27; the Padres are 16-26 and the Reds are 14-27, for a combined 40-80. Time for a hot streak before ten games with the Cards and the Cubs?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I been talking about this stretch of games for awhile now and I’m with you it’s important that the Pirates stack a bunch of wins during the 9 game stretch the next 10 days or so. I think worst case scenario they need to go 6-3 in these 9 games. That would put them at 29-20 at just about the 50 game mark going into those series here on Memorial Day weekend with both the Cards and Cubs. So definitely need to stack some wns this next week or so. I will be extremely disappointed if the Pirates don’t go at least 6-3 in this stretch of games. There is really no reason they shouldn’t.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

5E79686C69744B7F686969740D0 wrote: I been talking about this stretch of games for awhile now and I’m with you it’s important that the Pirates stack a bunch of wins during the 9 game stretch the next 10 days or so. I think worst case scenario they need to go 6-3 in these 9 games. That would put them at 29-20 at just about the 50 game mark going into those series here on Memorial Day weekend with both the Cards and Cubs. So definitely need to stack some wns this next week or so. I will be extremely disappointed if the Pirates don’t go at least 6-3 in this stretch of games. There is really no reason they shouldn’t.

I would agree with you except that Baseball doesn’t work that way.

We should roll on paper, but we’re seeing the kid for the White Sox who shut us down, and playing in the phone booth in Cincy always makes me nervous.

I’ll take 5-4 and anything better than that is gravy
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I know anything can happen but the Pirates have done a great job so far beating the bad teams and the teams they should beat. And in a tight division like this where every win matters going 6-3 instead of 5-4 in this stretch can make a big difference.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm agreeing on this week ... 6 games at home vs. the Tight Sox and Pads. Gotta be 4-2, at least.

Not so confident about 3 games next week in Cincy. Haven't they won about 5 in a row, including 3 straight in LA? That will not be easy.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Actually 6 in row. Heard that from Scooter Gennett on ml b radio.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Pirates start this 9 game stretch 2-0. Our record is now 25-17 which is a .595 winning percentage which equates to 96.43 wins or so over the course of a season. Not bad, not bad at all.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

You were the crazy optimist in the season prediction thread when you said 92 wins, and now it looks like we have a chance to blow past that total. Got to give some credit to the FO for swapping out Cutch and Cole for some quality baseball players.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

26-17 is about a .605 winning percentage which equates to 97.95 or 98 wins for a full season Unbelievable! Dickerson and Moran have been great pickups!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4479747364627924272E160 wrote: 26-17 is about a .605 winning percentage which equates to 97.95 or 98 wins for a full season Unbelievable! Dickerson and Moran have been great pickups!
There are 119 games left to play and right now the Pirates only have to go 60-59 to win 86 games which you would think worst case scenario would put you right there for 1 of the 2 wildcard spots. So if this team just plays right at or slightly above .500 the rest of the way they are gonna finish with a win total in the mid 80’s which just might be good enough to make the playoffs.