A Player The Bucs Might Pursue

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Twins removed Tommy Milone off the roster yesterday and he filed for free agency. He has had some success in the past, he is a lefty and he just might be the type of player whom the Bucs might attempt to sign even to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Didn't Searge have some success turning around another former Twinkie lefty into a pretty good pitcher until 2016?

This could be construed as dumpster diving and so it may happen cause that is the way the Bucs operate. Too bad.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

FJK, Cool post! I recall Milone when he was with A's. Had some success then. Wonder if Uncle Ray could get him back on the hill and work some magic?

Dying to hear any and all info on Buccos. Not being in the playoffs is indeed disappointing. So I am eager for any Bucco

scuttlebutt :D
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

747879222B222A27203F25120 wrote: The Twins removed Tommy Milone off the roster yesterday and he filed for free agency. He has had some success in the past, he is a lefty and he just might be the type of player whom the Bucs might attempt to sign even to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

Sigh ... another reclamation project. His resume screams a future Pirate.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4353526573737F100 wrote: The Twins removed Tommy Milone off the roster yesterday and he filed for free agency. He has had some success in the past, he is a lefty and he just might be the type of player whom the Bucs might attempt to sign even to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

Sigh ... another reclamation project.  His resume screams a future Pirate.

Which I'd be fine with if he isn't the headline acquisition. I mean, every team goes and gets that kind of guy every offseason. It's just that not all teams bank on it working out but rather consider it a pleasant surprise when it does.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Hasnt 2016 finally stuck a fork in that Searage myth? If it hasn't by now, I'm afraid of what possibly could
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4C7E72726654777E7376797E1F0 wrote: The Twins removed Tommy Milone off the roster yesterday and he filed for free agency. He has had some success in the past, he is a lefty and he just might be the type of player whom the Bucs might attempt to sign even to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

Which I'd be fine with if he isn't the headline acquisition.  I mean, every team goes and gets that kind of guy every offseason.  It's just that not all teams bank on it working out but rather consider it a pleasant surprise when it does.

He would more than likely be the headline acquisition. I have zero faith in the FO or ownership to bring in a competent headliner.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1303023523232F400 wrote: The Twins removed Tommy Milone off the roster yesterday and he filed for free agency. He has had some success in the past, he is a lefty and he just might be the type of player whom the Bucs might attempt to sign even to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.

Which I'd be fine with if he isn't the headline acquisition.  I mean, every team goes and gets that kind of guy every offseason.  It's just that not all teams bank on it working out but rather consider it a pleasant surprise when it does.

He would more than likely be the headline acquisition. I have zero faith in the FO or ownership to bring in a competent headliner.
There are no competent headliners at the Dollar Store.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think we have to recognize that there isn't likely to be someone we would consider to be an exciting pitcher coming our way. At best we have to hope for someone solid to slot in at the three spot. That would be good, but not exciting. I would think a trade is most likely - any free agent signing (Nova included) would take a three year or more commitment and I don't see them wanting to do that.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

53514B4D5B3E0 wrote: I think we have to recognize that there isn't likely to be someone we would consider to be an exciting pitcher coming our way. At best we have to hope for someone solid to slot in at the three spot. That would be good, but not exciting. I would think a trade is most likely - any free agent signing (Nova included) would take a three year or more commitment and I don't see them wanting to do that.

We at the very least need two pitchers like that. Otherwise our SP outlook going into the season is even worse than going into last.