PTBNL definition . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

PTBNL definition . . .

Post by DemDog »

Got this from Ben Nicholson-Smith at MLBTRs.  It is about 9 years old but I do not think things have changed.

PTBNL Definition

I will let you guys figure out this will effect the Archer and Kela trades.
fjk090852-7

PTBNL definition . . .

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I have heard a couple different interviews the media has had with Huntington and the player to be named in the Archer deal is someone who the fans have heard of. I hope it is not Tucker, Hays, Keller or Swaggerty. I bet it is a weird feeling for the minor league players wondering if they are a part of the deal.
DemDog

PTBNL definition . . .

Post by DemDog »

5854550E070E060B0C13093E0 wrote: I have heard a couple different interviews the media has had with Huntington and the player to be named in the Archer deal is someone who the fans have heard of. I hope it is not Tucker, Hays, Keller or Swaggerty. I bet it is a weird feeling for the minor league players wondering if they are a part of the deal.

I can't speak personally about Tucker, Hayes, or Keller but I have heard glowing comments. The Fan said yesterday that Jim Bowden say Keller is ACE material for sure. I have seen Swaggerty play a few games at Morgantown. Guy can get the ball in the OF and has a decent arm. Not Marte like but he is certainly no worse than Cutch was in his heyday out there. He is a K machine right now but that can be expected. The Bucs do not do a lot in Morgantown or lower with newly drafted kids until their second year. Also the NYPL is a pitchers league. Like you I hope that none of these is the one to go. Come to think of it Swaggerty is not the one due to the Rule that they can't trade a draftee for one years after he signs.