And there was one

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

And there was one

Post by IABucFan »

Buccos are officially the last undefeated team in MLB. Gnats fall to the Braves 13-6. Bet you didn’t think you’d be reading that a week ago.
rucker59@gmail.com

And there was one

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I liked the potential from the lineup when they headed north. I felt the rotation had real potential.  So far, REALLY good on both lineup and rotation. 

I started thinking some positive thoughts when I read about Polanco’s off season.  For a couple years I’ve complained about Polanco being negatively affected by Marte (and unspoken but feared somewhat by me: by Cutch). Way too early to tell, but I think Polanco could break out this year.

Marte - after 2017, we’ll see if he has a heart. I’m betting- “yes”. Bottom line - the 2018 outfield suddenly has a real chance to be materially better then 2017.  Thirdbase can much better.  1st much better. And I think catcher will be much better. I’m not missing Cole, not at all.

Could be a pretty good team. The crazy thing is: I feel the FO has once again put a good team on the field but did not try to make it the best!  Why can’t they go out an get one high end pitcher???

SteadyFreddy

And there was one

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I mentioned yesterday the Bucs have a real shot to start the year something like 11-4 or 10-5 looking at the schedule the next 10-15 games. After this game with the Twins today 7 out of the next 10 games are against the Reds and the Marlins. I don’t expect the Pirates to win all 7 but you better win at least 4 maybe even 5 out of those 7 games which is very very doable in my opinion.
CarolinaBucco

And there was one

Post by CarolinaBucco »

We're about to find out if things are different this year, or if they are the same.

I'm as excited as anyone about the 4-0 start, and I love being the last undefeated team.

But the Pirates have lost about 100 straight games to the lowly Reds, and the Little Red Machine is coming to town for 4 games this weekend. Cincy is bad.

New Pirates: Will win 3 of 4, or at least 2 of 4.

Same Old Pirates: Will lose 3 of 4, or get swept, while allowing Billy Hamilton to go 8-17 at the plate, with 1 HR, 2 doubles, 8 runs and 10 stolen bases.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

And there was one

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Hamilton has been on base twice (one hit, one walk) and is batting .083. I hope he doesn't go off against the Pirates. Only Scooter Gennett is hitting right now for the Reds. Gennett is another Pirate killer.
SammyKhalifa

And there was one

Post by SammyKhalifa »

we are definitely going to win every game

is it to late to change my pick in the prediction thread?
Bobster21

And there was one

Post by Bobster21 »

0D3F33332715363F3237383F5E0 wrote: we are definitely going to win every game

is it to late to change my pick in the prediction thread?
We'll just chalk it up to a typo. We know you meant to predict 162-0.
INbuc

And there was one

Post by INbuc »

052734292A2F28270433252529460 wrote: We're about to find out if things are different this year, or if they are the same.

I'm as excited as anyone about the 4-0 start, and I love being the last undefeated team.

But the Pirates have lost about 100 straight games to the lowly Reds, and the Little Red Machine is coming to town for 4 games this weekend. Cincy is bad.

New Pirates: Will win 3 of 4, or at least 2 of 4.

Same Old Pirates: Will lose 3 of 4, or get swept, while allowing Billy Hamilton to go 8-17 at the plate, with 1 HR, 2 doubles, 8 runs and 10 stolen bases.

4-0 is great, but we may have a real tester tonight. Odorizzi has been a very effective pitcher the past few years and he pitched 6 shutout innings in his opener last week.

Hopefully we can rough him up, and Nova can silence the mouthy Twins.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

And there was one

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Mouthy? Are they talking trash?
IABucFan

And there was one

Post by IABucFan »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: Mouthy?  Are they talking trash?

No...just trying to rewrite the rules of baseball.