Minor power outage

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Minor power outage

Post by INbuc »

Former first round draft pick Will Craig has taken a lot of flack for his lack of power. However, with 3 HR this season he is tied with rest of the Altoona and Indianapolis rosters combined.

Jason Martin homered today joining Logan Hill as the only other Curve teammate besides Craig to go deep this year. Remarkably, or disturbingly, Jose Osuna is the only Indian to homer in 2018.

It's early, the weather has sucked, each team has had numerous cancellations, etc. etc. Nonetheless, 6 home runs in 27 total games is pretty feeble. Actually only 5 went over the fence...one of Craig's round trippers was an inside-the-parker. There's your silver lining: Not only is Craig our big power threat, he is our speed merchant as well. :-/
PMike

Minor power outage

Post by PMike »

0E09253224470 wrote: Former first round draft pick Will Craig has taken a lot of flack for his lack of power.  However, with 3 HR this season he is tied with rest of the Altoona and Indianapolis rosters combined.

Jason Martin homered today joining Logan Hill as the only other Curve teammate besides Craig to go deep this year.   Remarkably, or disturbingly, Jose Osuna is the only Indian to homer in 2018. 

It's early, the weather has sucked, each team has had numerous cancellations, etc. etc.  Nonetheless, 6 home runs in 27 total games is pretty feeble.   Actually only 5 went over the fence...one of Craig's round trippers was an inside-the-parker.  There's your silver lining:  Not only is Craig our big power threat, he is our speed merchant as well. :-/

I am quite glad to eat crow if this continues. I saw him last year in Bradenton and was unimpressed. I really hope I was wrong!
Ecbucs

Minor power outage

Post by Ecbucs »

7D604446482D0 wrote: Former first round draft pick Will Craig has taken a lot of flack for his lack of power.  However, with 3 HR this season he is tied with rest of the Altoona and Indianapolis rosters combined.

Jason Martin homered today joining Logan Hill as the only other Curve teammate besides Craig to go deep this year.   Remarkably, or disturbingly, Jose Osuna is the only Indian to homer in 2018. 

It's early, the weather has sucked, each team has had numerous cancellations, etc. etc.  Nonetheless, 6 home runs in 27 total games is pretty feeble.   Actually only 5 went over the fence...one of Craig's round trippers was an inside-the-parker.  There's your silver lining:  Not only is Craig our big power threat, he is our speed merchant as well. :-/

I am quite glad to eat crow if this continues.  I saw him last year in Bradenton and was unimpressed.  I really hope I was wrong!

I hope you are wrong too. However, Craig isn't setting Altoona on fire so far this season. Hitting 200 with 18 strikeouts (vs. 9 hits) in 45 at bats. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2018/ALL
INbuc

Minor power outage

Post by INbuc »

5F4266646A0F0 wrote: Former first round draft pick Will Craig has taken a lot of flack for his lack of power.  However, with 3 HR this season he is tied with rest of the Altoona and Indianapolis rosters combined.

I am quite glad to eat crow if this continues.  I saw him last year in Bradenton and was unimpressed.  I really hope I was wrong!

I actually remember your post about observing Craig. Just to be clear, my comments on Craig weren’t meant as a glowing review of him, but rather an indictment of the lack of power production by the Altoona and Indy rosters overall.

Craig obviously had good numbers in college and showed decent power…so he has it in him. The question is how will his production translate to the pro game and what type of consistency will he have? Thus far, the translation has been pretty spotty. But I would gladly eat a couple crow wings with you if he finally starts raking.