Thoughts On Our New Hitting Coach

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Just wanted to point you toward a great article about good choices for our next hitting coach. Find it at Point of Pittsburgh.

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/

The list includes Jeff Bannister and Andy Barkett - my personal favorites for the hire.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Actually, my first thought was Jeff Bannister. He left on really good terms and people seem to like him. I have no idea how to judge a person's hitting coach prowess.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I'll take the modern-day equivalent of Charlie Lau or Harry "The Hat" Walker; whoever that might be. :)
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Pirates Prospects--"Pirates Will Reportedly Interview Andy Barkett for Hitting Coach Position"
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

406470787D110 wrote: I'll take the modern-day equivalent of Charlie Lau or Harry "The Hat" Walker; whoever that might be. :)

Took the words right out of my mouth.  I particularly liked what Walker did with one Mateo Alou!  Thing was that Matty could play the field rather well.

Do like the idea of interviewing Barkett and would like to see them interview Ryan Long as well. As for Bannister I wonder if he would come back and how was he as a hitting coach in the past?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I had partial season tickets the year Barkett came up and had his cup of coffee.  It was around the same time as Rob Mackowiak if I recall correctly, and both were mildly interesting. 

(Geez I had my PST during one of the worst seasons in Pirate history, I was dreaming on Andy Barkett and Rob Mackowiak.)
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Give me Jeff Albert, if we can make it happen and its not close.