Today’s Roster Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Today’s Roster Moves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Polanco to IL, Evans on concussion 7 day IL, Tucker and Castro being called up from minors.
Bobster21

Today’s Roster Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

Tucker was hitting only .214 at Indy. But Castro was hitting .306 at Altoona.
Surgnbuck

Today’s Roster Moves

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wonder how Castro fits in to the mix, does he play anywhere else than third base? Quite a jump from AA. I didn't recall that he already was up once for a game in Detroit, going 0-3. He played third that day.

Tucker I'm assuming will be used as a PH, PR, and cheerleader on the bench.
Bobster21

Today’s Roster Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

With Oliva already recalled the only position players in the minors on the 40 man roster are Castro, Tucker and Cruz. And Cruz now has a sore throwing arm. So recalling Tucker and Castro was the only thing they could do that didn't involve DFAing someone to add anyone else to the 40 man roster. Although Castro (.306) was only in AA he will probably hit MLB pitching better than Tucker, who can't even hit AAA pitching (.214). The Pirates don't seem to care and just throw anyone into the lineup like Tom or Oliva. Even batted Nogowski 5th when he came into the game with 2 career hits. I think we will probably see PHing and a few starts for both Tucker and Castro. I expect Castro to be the better of the two.
Ecbucs

Today’s Roster Moves

Post by Ecbucs »

what is the story with Pirates trainer? Polanco has only been healthy enough to pinch hit for over a week. It seems like he should have been on IL earlier.