Wild Card Game elimination number

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

We're almost to the middle of August, and I noticed that the "elimination number" column has yet to be put up on MLB site. I can't remember when they start.

I'm just wondering will it go up before the Pirates, Orioles, DBacks, and Rangers are actually eliminated.

By my estimation, the Pirates magic number to be eliminated from WC contention is already 23, and for the division 19.

I sure do miss the old days when certain someones would defend NH by saying, "they were still in contention till Sept 14th" or something like that.

It's sad to think if the Pirates went on a MLB record 47 game win streak, they wouldn't even win 90 games!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We were eliminated in February.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5B6E7979724B79797275791C0 wrote: We were eliminated in February.
So they had one relatively good month
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: We were eliminated in February.
So they had one relatively good month
It's easier to be optimistic before pitchers and catchers report to ST.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Easier still when you don't know who they are. ;)
shedman

Post by shedman »

We were eliminated in December thru February when Cherington sat there and twittled his thumbs while all the other GM's were improving their teams.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

58434E4F464A452B0 wrote: We were eliminated in December thru February when Cherington sat there and twittled his thumbs while all the other GM's were improving their teams.

True
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7B606D6C656966080 wrote: We were eliminated in December thru February when Cherington sat there and twittled his thumbs while all the other GM's were improving their teams.

Some GMs twittled their thumbs even more.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Evidently, even when it comes to that, most of them were better at that than Cherington was, too. :(
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are 30-65 since they were 12-11 at the end of April. I still think they will get to my predicted win total of 54 games but it won’t be easy. It still goes to show you how tough it is to lose 120 games and be historically bad like many had predicted this team would do. The Pirates would have to lose the remaining 44 games in a row for that to happen this season and we are still in mid August.