Who gets plunked today?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Who gets plunked today?

Post by ChitownBucco »

5 Phillies HBP in the first two games

I think we'll see some retaliation today even if it was unintentional by the Bucs pitchers
dmetz

Who gets plunked today?

Post by dmetz »

I'm hoping cutch gets it, if someone had to
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Who gets plunked today?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2D242C3D33490 wrote: I'm hoping cutch gets it, if someone had to

Wow.
SteadyFreddy

Who gets plunked today?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well it won't be Cutch he isn't in the lineup today which I'm fine with actually. Diaz also gets the start behind the plate, and Rodriguez is at short today for Mercer.

Jaso 1st

Polanco LF

Freese 3rd

Marte CF

Joyce RF

Harrison 2nd

Diaz C

Rodriguez SS

Taillon P
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Who gets plunked today?

Rodriguez should lead off. They have to win today. Get some runs early. This Phillies team is kind of scrappy.

P.S.

I never thought I would want Rodriguez to lead off.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Who gets plunked today?

Such a bad call on the sliding rule at 2B.

Polanco went into the bag.

The Rule isn't explained very well. Said Polanco didn't attempt to remain on the bag? He knew he was out. Maybe that is why?

3-2 Phillies.
Jonathan34

Who gets plunked today?

Post by Jonathan34 »

3A31393530312A6F691E273F363131703D315E0 wrote: Such a bad call on the sliding rule at 2B. 

Polanco went into the bag. 

The Rule isn't explained very well.  Said Polanco didn't attempt to remain on the bag?  He knew he was out.  Maybe that is why?

3-2 Phillies.

Terrible ruling. And bizarre that Jaso had to go back to 2nd.

Taillon's curve is filthy, and he gets into stretches where he looks pretty dominant. But then also seems to get hit very hard pretty often too.
iabucco

Who gets plunked today?

Post by iabucco »

That was an awful call. If that was a tag play he would have stayed on the bag but he kind of stumbled over the Philly player. It is also stupid that the runner can't advance on interference in this case. These are just way too subjective. I have seen worse not called then this example.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Who gets plunked today?

I don't understand the interference and jaso had to go back to second either.

What if Polanco didn't slide and the ball hit him after he was out on the throw to first? if would be a dead ball, interference. Runner out at 1B too, but Jaso would be on 3B. He wouldn't have to go back, right?
Bobster21

Who gets plunked today?

Post by Bobster21 »

The announcers didn't mention it but Polanco went in with his front leg up in the air. Maybe that was why they ruled the DP. I can't think of anything else questionable with the slide.