Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by NJBucsFan »

Wow, Joaquin Benoit is a Pirate.  :o

Got him for minor league RHP Seth McGarry. Meh.
SteadyFreddy

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Pirates big trade acquisition picked up Joaquin Benoit and we only had to give up Seth McGarry to get him. What an outstanding management team. Best in baseball.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

78796273652522160 wrote: This could be good.  The Dodgers have a deep farm.  I hope its Bellenger. Put down the crack pipe slowly.

:-? I hope that was a joke.

Yes, it was a joke.

From the Pirates' Twitter:

The Pirates have acquired minor leaguers Angel German (RHP) & Oneil Cruz (INF) from the Dodgers in exchange for LHP Tony Watson.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

183F2E2A2F320D392E2F2F324B0 wrote: Pirates big trade acquisition picked up Joaquin Benoit and we only had to give up Seth McGarry to get him. What an outstanding management team. Best in baseball.

Wow, man, wow. What did you think they were going to do? You didn't know they were selling??? Wow, man, wow.
NJBucsFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by NJBucsFan »

Cruz looks mildly interesting. More so than I would have expected for half a season of Watson.
BenM

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by BenM »

From MLB.com.

Left-side infielders don't come much taller than Cruz, who was 6-foot-1 when he started getting scouted at age 15, added three inches by the time he signed a year later, then continued to grow and made his pro debut last summer at 6-foot-6. Part of the Dodgers' extravagant international spending in the 2015-16 signing period, he received a $950,000 bonus out of the Dominican Republic.

Cruz hit well in his introduction to pro ball, batting .294/.367/.444 with 11 steals in the Rookie-level Dominican Summer League. With his whippy left-handed swing and the leverage provided by his frame, he has considerable power potential that he'll begin to realize as he gets stronger. His quick hands are an asset as he tries to make more consistent contact as such a young hitter with such a naturally long stroke..

Cruz has exceptional body control for someone his size and can play a decent shortstop. His size makes him destined to be a third baseman, and he has the agility and arm strength to be a solid defender there. A long strider who has above-average speed underway, he'll probably lose a step once he fills out.
SteadyFreddy

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5F545C5055544F0A0C7B425A5354541558543B0 wrote: Pirates big trade acquisition picked up Joaquin Benoit and we only had to give up Seth McGarry to get him. What an outstanding management team. Best in baseball.

Wow, man, wow.  What did you think they were going to do?  You didn't know they were selling???  Wow, man, wow.

I was being sarcastic. Of course I know they are selling. Just keep defending and being an apologist for Bob Nutting Dog and all the shortcomings of this GM and his unwillingness to trade prospects. We know that you believe Bob Nutting is as good of an owner as Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle. You defended yourself in about 10 posts the other day about it.
DemDog

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by DemDog »

Angel German Stats

Oneil Cruz Stats

Two young and interesting prospects. And Watson gone might be addition by subtraction.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

4B6C7D797C615E6A7D7C7C61180 wrote: Pirates big trade acquisition picked up Joaquin Benoit and we only had to give up Seth McGarry to get him. What an outstanding management team. Best in baseball.

Wow, man, wow.  What did you think they were going to do?  You didn't know they were selling???  Wow, man, wow.

I was being sarcastic. Of course I know they are selling. Just keep defending and being an apologist for Bob Nutting Dog and all the shortcomings of this GM and his unwillingness to trade prospects. We know that you believe Bob Nutting is as good of an owner as Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle. You defended yourself in about 10 posts the other day about it.

This is why. Like, you had no idea what was going to happen? But now you said you did know what was going to happen and you still had to scream. I get the anger, I just don't get the same posts over and over in every active thread. I still wonder why you predicted 87 wins if you think the ownership is a big loser.

Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

05242C052E26410 wrote: Angel German Stats

Oneil Cruz Stats

Two young and interesting prospects.  And Watson gone might be addition by subtraction. 

Possum, how do you customize the URL links, i.e. showing "Oneil Cruz stats" rather than the actual URL?