Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

I have a Pirate hat,game worn from a prospect we had years ago .

Any of you remember catcher Lee Evans ? He is from Tuscaloosa. We drafted Teke Redman from same HS and same year.

Came into the bar i was working at and my sister got his hat for me and i got to meet him.We ended up trading him, he made it to AAA.Just got hire as a head coach for a local HS.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Are you allowed to trade for players on the DL? I did think it was not allowed. But if it is, the Pirates need to buy for next year and beyond. I would ask for Moran from the Astros if he can be traded.

If not, I would start looking for some flame throwers for the bullpen and a third baseman.
rucker59@gmail.com

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote: Are you allowed to trade for players on the DL? I did think it was not allowed. But if it is, the Pirates need to buy for next year and beyond. I would ask for Moran from the Astros if he can be traded.

If not, I would start looking for some flame throwers for the bullpen and a third baseman.

Gonna have to give stuff up. Our farm system is starting to look thin. That leaves the major league roster....
Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

6D666E6267667D383E497068616666276A66090 wrote: Are you allowed to trade for players on the DL?
There's no rule against it. Obviously, it's somewhat of a risk to assume the player will regain his pre-injury ability and that it won't reoccur.
ArnoldRothstein

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Is there even an active trade rumor floating around? Last things on the MLBTR website are that they're leaning against trading McCutchen and they are "monitoring" the market for outfielders, and those are about a week old.
fjk090852-7

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

73405C5D5E56605D465A4146575B5C320 wrote: Is there even an active trade rumor floating around? Last things on the MLBTR website are that they're leaning against trading McCutchen and they are "monitoring" the market for outfielders, and those are about a week old.
You are correct. There has not been any rumors surrounding the Bucs for a few weeks. I wonder if they may just sit tight at the deadline.
notes34

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by notes34 »

I think you could be right. I haven't heard anything for days. I would think they are going into a holding pattern to the offseason.
RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

This season trade deadline has been a snoozer. This is one of my favorite times of the year. We always do something .We don`t even have any rumors out there.
BenM

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by BenM »

Cubs win.

I don't think the team should sell, but if they work to get a great offer. . . .
SCBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SCBucco »

323E3F646D646C61667963540 wrote: Is there even an active trade rumor floating around? Last things on the MLBTR website are that they're leaning against trading McCutchen and they are "monitoring" the market for outfielders, and those are about a week old.
You are correct. There has not been any rumors surrounding the Bucs for a few weeks. I wonder if they may just sit tight at the deadline.

That is a lose if they sit tight; do nothing.  This team isn't a winner now - one that makes the playoffs, so why on earth sit tight with some assets you can deal?  That is a dumb move. We all know this team won't go out in free agency and get pieces needed, so the only way to get new talent or pieces is to move some. They will go in thinking this team can compete in 2018. Again, its not there in the cards.