4/23 Game Thread - Bucs @ Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

437D7870637B7B705075627126140 wrote: Thompson is a proud graduate of the Mitch Keller School for Spinning a Bad Game to Sound Like a Good One.

“I got a lot of soft contact,” Thompson said. “I think that’s what we were pushing for going into this start — to make sure I get ground balls and get weak contact, and we did that."

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2204230010

Gee, sounds like he had a swell game. Can't wait for his next one!  :D
Shelton said, "we just didn't play a good game"  :D :D :D :D
Ya think? :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm hoping for a 20-0 loss tomorrow because that will show improvement! ;D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Some things are better left unknown.

One of them?

How did Zach Thompson become a Pirate?

Stupid me had to look it up. {{{Double Sigh.}}}
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

This early season piggybacking starters is helping us figure out what we have and what we don't. I suppose we're seeing both sides of that, heh.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What's the other side, FCS?  Figure that stuff out in the minors and ST.  Tired of hearing that.  Shxxty excuse.  NWWL.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

1B2E3939320B39393235395C0 wrote: I dnk how old the Pirates franchise is, but the Trib writer today says that this is the worst loss in franchise history.  That's bad.

At least there was some mercy.  An Away game.

Things can only go up from here.
I could go with "lopsided", worst? It's a regular season blowout that every team faces a time or two,

Worst loss is the easiest. Sid Slid.

Big difference between the two.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7A4F5858536A58585354583D0 wrote: What's the other side, FCS?  Figure that stuff out in the minors and ST.  Tired of hearing that.  Shxxty excuse.  NWWL.
Now that's an odd statement. When people like me defend GMBC, we've repeatedly told certain someones of your ilk it's hard to get an organization rolling when he started off with the minor leaguers not doing what they needed to see most: play ball.

There has been no ST, no minor leagues, another truncated spring training, that has slowed the development of every organization.

Yet here you are now, using that "work it out in the minors" comment. I love it when you agree with me and you don't even know it.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

64424550595542545C370 wrote: I dnk how old the Pirates franchise is, but the Trib writer today says that this is the worst loss in franchise history.  That's bad.

At least there was some mercy.  An Away game.

Things can only go up from here.
I could go with "lopsided", worst? It's a regular season blowout that every team faces a time or two,

Worst loss is the easiest. Sid Slid.

Big difference between the two.

Semantics.

To lend a hand with the Apologism, here goes: It's the worst RS loss by the Pittsburgh Pirates at Wrigley Stadium against the Cubs on April 23, 2022.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: What's the other side, FCS?  Figure that stuff out in the minors and ST.  Tired of hearing that.  Shxxty excuse.  NWWL.
Now that's an odd statement. When people like me defend GMBC, we've repeatedly told certain someones of your ilk it's hard to get an organization rolling when he started off with the minor leaguers not doing what they needed to see most: play ball.

There has been no ST, no minor leagues, another truncated spring training, that has slowed the development of every organization.

Yet here you are now, using that "work it out in the minors" comment. I love it when you agree with me and you don't even know it.

We don't agree on everything.  This is something that we agree on.  What's the big deal of that?

That said, we shouldn't have minor leaguers if we're a major league team.  Do you consider the Pirates a major league team or not?

We had ST. This is what they came out with.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

I see the Weenie showed up. Always around when the boys take an ass whipping.

A loss is a loss regardless of score. Win today and the BUCS win series and are right back at .500. Come home and pay the Brewers back. (a big maybe)