8/26 Game Thread - Vogelsong in the House of Horrors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I don't get the love for Hughes this year.

As I am typing. Boom. HR. 5-3.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Tired of Clint using Hughes in key situations and him coming in and letting disaster strike. He comes in and boom 3 run homer and then 4 pitch walk. Just can't allow that to happen.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

5B50585451504B0E087F465E575050115C503F0 wrote: I don't get the love for Hughes this year.

As I am typing. Boom. HR. 5-3.
Get that bum out of there before the game is lost!!!
PMike

Post by PMike »

464D45494C4D561315625B434A4D4D0C414D220 wrote: josh Bell - with the discipline he has at the plate, he's going to be soooo good!

I do see his defensive struggles. He is like Alvarez, so he better hit. If he hits, no one will care.

No.  He's not.

Why isn't he? Don't forget that this is Bell's second year at 1B too.

I'm not worried about his defense, just pointing it out. He doesn't look very smooth over there.

1-0 Pirates.

Bell is a gold glover next to Alvarez.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

If we blow this game; then I'm throwing in the towel for 2016.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Thank you Bastardo!!!!!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

574A6E6C62070 wrote: josh Bell - with the discipline he has at the plate, he's going to be soooo good!

I do see his defensive struggles. He is like Alvarez, so he better hit. If he hits, no one will care.

No.  He's not.

I'm not worried about his defense, just pointing it out. He doesn't look very smooth over there.

1-0 Pirates.

I know people don't like Alvarez, but you are really stretching here. Alvarez was bad. No doubt. I have only seen a little of Bell and so far he doesn't look good on defense. He has already made two errors in six starts. His minor league numbers (two years) wasn't much better than Alvarez's major league numbers either.

Bell's defense is a weakness. I don't care as I want his bat to produce, but reminds me of Alvarez so far.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Marlins come back and beat the Padres 7-6 in the 9th inning. The Marlins were once down 6-1 in this game and come back and win. So not a good night for making up any ground for the Pirates as both the Cards and Fish both win ugh.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Raise it. Bucs win again in Milwaukee stay 2.5 back of the Cards.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6E656D6164657E3B3D4A736B6265652469650A0 wrote: josh Bell - with the discipline he has at the plate, he's going to be soooo good!

No.  He's not.

1-0 Pirates.

I know people don't like Alvarez, but you are really stretching here. Alvarez was bad. No doubt. I have only seen a little of Bell and so far he doesn't look good on defense. He has already made two errors in six starts. His minor league numbers (two years) wasn't much better than Alvarez's major league numbers either.

Bell's defense is a weakness. I don't care as I want his bat to produce, but reminds me of Alvarez so far.

Huge difference. And it has nothing to do with whether or not people liked Alvarez. Bell looks unfamiliar with the position, not sure what to do in some plays. Alvarez was simply unable to hold onto balls hit or thrown to him. Bell just needs to learn the position. Alvarez couldn't catch. You can't just explain away Alvarez's historically bad play at 1B by saying people only complained because "they didn't like him." Get real!