Game Thread - 6/12 - Bucs @ Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: Reynolds picked off, but no big deal, Vogelbach looked clueless against Minter anyhow. Maybe he'll see Jansen in the ninth, and can tie it up then
I was thinking that too. They may have felt that it was a good time to send Reynolds because even if he was out, Vogelbach was unlikely to get a hit against Minter but might face Jansen in the 9th.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

We have life as Swanson tries to hot dog it a bit, drops the bloop.

Now we need a blast
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6 straight losses during which they scored as many as 4 runs only once (in a game in which they gave up 10).

At least we were treated to getting to watch the guys in the booth 26 times today.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6 L's in a row now
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Must be on some other horizon, I guess. :(((
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

042924353223347477460 wrote: 6 straight losses during which they scored as many as 4 runs only once (in a game in which they gave up 10).

At least we were treated to getting to watch the guys in the booth 26 times today.

I like the booth count. By end of season the Bucs broadcasters might lead the league in booth count.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

On to St. Louis where Adam WainWright is licking his chops.

Rumor is that he has asked to pitch to games in the series. :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Not a very good week for our guys. It’ll just make the upcoming sweep of the Cardinals that much better.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'll take that bet.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5D7B7A6D7B6B180 wrote: 6 straight losses during which they scored as many as 4 runs only once (in a game in which they gave up 10).

I like the booth count.  By end of season the Bucs broadcasters might lead the league in booth count.
I'm sure they do. When I watch other broadcasts, the announcers are rarely seen. But AT&T Sportsnet thinks we can't hear them joke around with each other unless we can see them.  The burger segment could have been one shot of them in the booth at the beginning and another at the end of the inning. But while the Bucs were rallying for a run, most of the camera work featured the guys in the booth. At one point Brown recapped what we had missed on the field while all we saw was the silliness with the burgers. I suspect the producers and directors of the game broadcasts pat themselves on the back for the "total entertainment" they provide. But I think most fans just want to see the game and consider that attempt at total entertainment an annoying distraction.