ArnoldRothstein

Official Game Thread - 7/29 - Bucs vs Brewers

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Brault tonight for Indy: 4 IP 4 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 1 K 1 HR 56-36
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: 28-3

I have to keep reminding myself of the players on the roster. In two years, hardly any of them will be here and that's what I have to keep hanging onto. It's the only way to keep my interest.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

1A4C5A4E415B4B404D5A684F45494144064B280 wrote: 28-3

I have to keep reminding myself of the players on the roster.  In two years, hardly any of them will be here and that's what I have to keep hanging onto.  It's the only way to keep my interest. 

Then we will get a hopefully better cast of double A players.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6770667633353234323C050 wrote: 28-3

I have to keep reminding myself of the players on the roster.  In two years, hardly any of them will be here and that's what I have to keep hanging onto.  It's the only way to keep my interest. 

Then we will get a hopefully better cast of double A players.

All we can do is trust that Cherington has acquired good players and that his coaches can develop them into guys who can improve as they age.  We know there'll be no trades for players like Scherzer, Turner, Rizzo, etc because the owner won't permit it.  It's all in the hands of BC and his staff.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Kuhl was pitching pretty well when pulled in the 6th after an infield hit, an out and a run scoring double. That only made it a 2-0 game and the runner who scored hadn't even hit the ball out of the infield. Even the Brewers' first run was on a ball that didn't get past Castro at 2B. But as soon as it became 2-0 Kuhl had to go. He was at 89 pitches.

Stratton has been pitching very well but when you take out an effective pitcher there is always the chance the reliever will have an off night. That was the case with Stratton who allowed his inherited runner and 3 more to score. Then another the next inning before Mears let in 2 more an inning after that. By the 9th, Shelton, who had pulled his starter trailing 2-0, was waiving the white flag and putting Nogowski on the mound. One could argue that a double following a 1-out infield single in the 6th was not sufficient reason to pull his starter. Unless Shelton was so unimpressed with his own lineup that had 5-8 of Castro, Polanco, Evans and Perez, that anything beyond 2 runs was insurmountable (which it truly was).

It seems strange that Shelton handles pitching changes as if it's the 7th game of the World Series. Already down 2-0, can't take a chance on falling further behind. Gotta make the switch now! But he handles the rest of his decisions as if the games don't matter.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I don't like the current trend of pulling pitchers so early, but I also understand that they're transitioning from the super short season last season so hopefully this trend will not continue next year.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

153835242332256566570 wrote: Nogowski on the mound.  :D
That must be why Nogowski didn't start at 1B :D