Official Game Thread 7/27/2021 Brewers vs. Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Reynolds is hitless with a 7 game hitting streak on the line. Shelton does a double switch so that the new pitcher can bat 2nd next inning in Reynolds' spot. That 1 inning of rest for Reynolds was worth forcing a PHer for Keller in the 9th and guaranteeing the end of Reynolds' hitting streak. A while back Shelton did a double switch so that his new reliever would lead off the next inning and require a PHer. I have never before seen a manager exhibit such a total lack of common sense. 
I'm so numb to his moves, what I did notice was just after Brown and Wehner went on the long rambling thing about rumors, when they showed Reynolds on the bench, Brown gave a noticable, "uh oh". Dude, that's how rumors start, because that's exactly what that "uh oh" was inferring, that he might be subject of an impending trade.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

795F584D44485F49412A0 wrote: Reynolds is hitless with a 7 game hitting streak on the line. Shelton does a double switch so that the new pitcher can bat 2nd next inning in Reynolds' spot. That 1 inning of rest for Reynolds was worth forcing a PHer for Keller in the 9th and guaranteeing the end of Reynolds' hitting streak. A while back Shelton did a double switch so that his new reliever would lead off the next inning and require a PHer. I have never before seen a manager exhibit such a total lack of common sense. 
I'm so numb to his moves, what I did notice was just after Brown and Wehner went on the long rambling thing about rumors, when they showed Reynolds on the bench, Brown gave a noticable, "uh oh".  Dude, that's how rumors start, because that's exactly what that "uh oh" was inferring, that he might be subject of an impending trade.
Yeah, I caught that too. But this move is typical of Shelton so I'm not worried. Luckily, we only have an incompetent manager. :D
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: Reynolds is hitless with a 7 game hitting streak on the line. Shelton does a double switch so that the new pitcher can bat 2nd next inning in Reynolds' spot. That 1 inning of rest for Reynolds was worth forcing a PHer for Keller in the 9th and guaranteeing the end of Reynolds' hitting streak. A while back Shelton did a double switch so that his new reliever would lead off the next inning and require a PHer. I have never before seen a manager exhibit such a total lack of common sense. 

he will start a 50 game streak tomorrow.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: Reynolds is hitless with a 7 game hitting streak on the line. Shelton does a double switch so that the new pitcher can bat 2nd next inning in Reynolds' spot. That 1 inning of rest for Reynolds was worth forcing a PHer for Keller in the 9th and guaranteeing the end of Reynolds' hitting streak. A while back Shelton did a double switch so that his new reliever would lead off the next inning and require a PHer. I have never before seen a manager exhibit such a total lack of common sense. 
I'm so numb to his moves, what I did notice was just after Brown and Wehner went on the long rambling thing about rumors, when they showed Reynolds on the bench, Brown gave a noticable, "uh oh".  Dude, that's how rumors start, because that's exactly what that "uh oh" was inferring, that he might be subject of an impending trade.
Yeah, I caught that too. But this move is typical of Shelton so I'm not worried. Luckily, we only have an incompetent manager.  :D
So how are we going to ever get good with a dumbass manager like this. If he isn't fired soon, I seriously doubt our GM can turn this organization around, this can't be ignored.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

11090B0C0C1B0A0D101107620 wrote: Reynolds is hitless with a 7 game hitting streak on the line. Shelton does a double switch so that the new pitcher can bat 2nd next inning in Reynolds' spot. That 1 inning of rest for Reynolds was worth forcing a PHer for Keller in the 9th and guaranteeing the end of Reynolds' hitting streak. A while back Shelton did a double switch so that his new reliever would lead off the next inning and require a PHer. I have never before seen a manager exhibit such a total lack of common sense. 
Yeah, I caught that too. But this move is typical of Shelton so I'm not worried. Luckily, we only have an incompetent manager.  :D
So how are we going to ever get good with a dumbass manager like this.  If he isn't fired soon, I seriously doubt our GM can turn this organization around, this can't be ignored.
I guess the manager is not a priority when the team is punting on the season. But I really think Shelton's tenure will be short. Cherington is basing everything on acquiring enough talent via the draft and trades to make the team competitive. He can't afford to have the manager mess everything up once the talent is there. Because mishandling the roster and losing unnecessarily will only make Cherington look bad. I think the stronger the roster gets, the sooner Shelton will be replaced.