Winter Meetings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Winter Meetings

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Mitch Moreland signing is heating up with the Red Sox and Indians in the mix. I wonder if the Pirates thought of him for 1B? Especially, if a McCutchen trade is going to happen.
SCBucco

Winter Meetings

Post by SCBucco »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: Mitch Moreland signing is heating up with the Red Sox and Indians in the mix.  I wonder if the Pirates thought of him for 1B?  Especially, if a McCutchen trade is going to happen.

I think most of us know the answer.
sdimmick3

Winter Meetings

Post by sdimmick3 »

basically, anything we think of, the Pirates usually don't, thus why we are not the GM. It makes you wonder if they actually engage in on some of these guys.....I honestly run my fantasy baseball team better than NH runs the Pirates and I have a fixed budget too lol.
sdimmick3

Winter Meetings

Post by sdimmick3 »

latest bizarre trades:

Liriano, H. Ramirez, & R. McGuire

for

D. Hutchinson = Salary Dump

N. Walker

for

J. Niese = Salary Dump

I. Nova (a few months of him)

for

Tito Polo & S. Tarpley (for what? just to act like they still want to win?)

This is just a few trades I didn't like. I don't care if these guys weren't the best prospects, they were decent. Im starting to really get annoyed with this FO.
SammyKhalifa

Winter Meetings

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1A0A0B3C2A2A26490 wrote: Mitch Moreland signing is heating up with the Red Sox and Indians in the mix.  I wonder if the Pirates thought of him for 1B?  Especially, if a McCutchen trade is going to happen.

We don't need a first baseman?
notes34

Winter Meetings

Post by notes34 »

6E5C50504476555C51545B5C3D0 wrote: Mitch Moreland signing is heating up with the Red Sox and Indians in the mix.  I wonder if the Pirates thought of him for 1B?  Especially, if a McCutchen trade is going to happen.

Unless Bell goes to RF?
Quail

Winter Meetings

Post by Quail »

49485342541413270 wrote: Mitch Moreland signing is heating up with the Red Sox and Indians in the mix.  I wonder if the Pirates thought of him for 1B?  Especially, if a McCutchen trade is going to happen.

Unless Bell goes to RF?

Jaso and Freese can cover first base if Bell moves to the outfield. I'm sure NH believes he's already addressed the Pirates first base needs.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Winter Meetings

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

If Bell goes to RF, the Pirates might need a 1B.

I like Freese, but is he an every day player again? I want less of Jaso for sure.
IABucFan

Winter Meetings

Post by IABucFan »

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think their plan is to keep Cutch, hope he improves his stock for half a year, flip him at the deadline, or keep him if he's tearing the cover off the ball and we're in a pennant race, and then bring up Meadows. Bell plays first and never sees the outfield. Harrison or Frazier could always cover a few games in the OF if need-be, with the other playing second base.

As an aside, wasn't there a professional golfer named Harrison Frazer at one time?
Leyland1948

Winter Meetings

Post by Leyland1948 »

May need Freeze at third if Kang gets a suspension!