Calling out Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Calling out Cubs

Post by ChitownBucco »

I believe he eluded to the Javy thing as an example of how the Pirates are trying to build leadership and clubhouse accountability. but it was obviously stuck in his craw.

I will try to find the entire statement so we have context
ChitownBucco

Calling out Cubs

Post by ChitownBucco »

CHICAGO — Manager Clint Hurdle expressed displeasure Thursday with Chicago Cubs second baseman Javier Baez’s actions the night before.

Hurdle was asked about the Pirates’ clubhouse dynamic, with players still establishing themselves, and brought up Baez when discussing the need for players to speak truth to one another. Baez already had three of the four home runs he hit in the first two games of the series and flipped his bat, likely in frustration, when he popped out in the seventh inning Wednesday night.

“You watch their kid flip that bat last night? Where’s the respect for the game?” Hurdle said. “The guy hits four homers in two days, so that means you can take your bat and throw it 15, 20 feet in the air when you pop up like you should have hit your fifth home run? I would bet that men over there talked to him, because I do believe they have a group over there that speaks truth to power.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1804120142
CarolinaBucco

Calling out Cubs

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't really agree with Hurdle and I don't really care and I think it's mostly a non-issue that amounts to a bunch of nothing.

But I LOVE the fact that it got under the Cubs' skin. I LOVE it.