Winter Meetings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Winter Meetings

Post by mouse »

MLB reports Rangers in close contact with Pirates on McCutchen and that some deal is possible. Also suggest the Mets are after Sale.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Winter Meetings

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I thought the Mets had enough pitching. They may be the team to watch.

I just heard Texas too for McCutchen.
ChitownBucco

Winter Meetings

Post by ChitownBucco »

68636B676263783D3B4C756D646363226F630C0 wrote: I did find this article as I never heard of a player getting suspended for a DUI.  I agree they should, but that baseball union is a tough one to deal with for some reason. 

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/8/26/1 ... ing-policy

isn't there a pretty epic Rob Mackowiak DUI story out there? did he get suspended?
SCBucco

Winter Meetings

Post by SCBucco »

2C2E343224410 wrote: MLB reports Rangers in close contact with Pirates on McCutchen and that some deal is possible. Also suggest the Mets are after Sale.

Their farm system sucks. Bad match if you expect to get a decent return for him.
IABucFan

Winter Meetings

Post by IABucFan »

I just read that Alen Hanson is out of options. I didn't realize this. He's got to be a prime trade candidate, no? A pot sweetener in a Cutch or Watson deal, perhaps. I don't see a lot of places for him to play, especially if we hang on to J-Hay. I suppose the flip side of that is, Hanson is out of options. Time to deal J-Hay. Regardless, I suspect one of them is dealt before opening day.
PMike

Winter Meetings

Post by PMike »

1C1417203613343B550 wrote: I just read that Alen Hanson is out of options.  I didn't realize this.  He's got to be a prime trade candidate, no?  A pot sweetener in a Cutch or Watson deal, perhaps.  I don't see a lot of places for him to play, especially if we hang on to J-Hay.  I suppose the flip side of that is, Hanson is out of options.  Time to deal J-Hay.  Regardless, I suspect one of them is dealt before opening day.

Don't you almost have to keep Hanson at this point with the uncertainty around Kang. Frazier will probably help in the OF is McCutchen gets traded. I think Hanson slots into the utility role like Harrison used to play.
SammyKhalifa

Winter Meetings

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Brewers send Tyler Thornburg to Boston
sdimmick3

Winter Meetings

Post by sdimmick3 »

093B37372311323B36333C3B5A0 wrote: Brewers send Tyler Thornburg to Boston

That seems pretty good haul for him, I would be interested in seeing what the Pirates can get for Watson. I hope they keep him, but that's an interesting return.
mouse

Winter Meetings

Post by mouse »

Here is the MLBTR note on that trade --

the Red Sox reportedly agreed to a trade that will net them right-handed setup man Tyler Thornburg from the Brewers in exchange for third baseman Travis Shaw, minor league shortstop Mauricio Dubon and minor league right-hander Josh Pennington.

I wondered as well what Watson would bring should they decide to trade him.
SammyKhalifa

Winter Meetings

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Well, duh:

Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette 29m29 minutes ago

Neal Huntington told us- he's focused on starting pitching here, even tho he likes their current crop. @MLBNetworkRadio