Managers' salaries

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Kovalwat

Managers' salaries

Post by Kovalwat »

777D726F7D6F7A7D721C0 wrote: A better question is how much is our GM being paid to never win even 1 Division Championship?

So having the 2nd best record in all of baseball from 2013-2015 doesn't count?  It was just extreme misfortune that we happened to be in the same division as the Cardinals who had a better record than us all 3 years not due to anything NH did or didn't do during that period.  I guess based on your logic, NH must be incompetent because he chose a NL central team to be the GM of instead of being in any other division.  Yeah, that is pretty stupid of him.

Being second best doesn't mean anything! Every other team in the division has won at least 1 Division Championship during Doofus' tenure in Pittsburgh.
kansasfan

Managers' salaries

Post by kansasfan »

0E2A332429322431450 wrote: A better question is how much is our GM being paid to never win even 1 Division Championship?

So having the 2nd best record in all of baseball from 2013-2015 doesn't count?  It was just extreme misfortune that we happened to be in the same division as the Cardinals who had a better record than us all 3 years not due to anything NH did or didn't do during that period.  I guess based on your logic, NH must be incompetent because he chose a NL central team to be the GM of instead of being in any other division.  Yeah, that is pretty stupid of him.

Being second best doesn't mean anything!  Every other team in the division has won at least 1 Division Championship during Doofus' tenure in Pittsburgh.

I'm sorry 98 wins in a season isn't good enough for you. I guess you're one of those people that would think you bowled a poor game if you had a 299 when your opponent had a 300.
Kovalwat

Managers' salaries

Post by Kovalwat »

464C435E4C5E4B4C432D0 wrote: A better question is how much is our GM being paid to never win even 1 Division Championship?

Being second best doesn't mean anything!  Every other team in the division has won at least 1 Division Championship during Doofus' tenure in Pittsburgh.

I'm sorry 98 wins in a season isn't good enough for you.  I guess you're one of those people that would think you bowled a poor game if you had a 299 when your opponent had a 300.
===

You sound like one of those people who will apologize for this selfish greedy stinking cheapskate Management team if they don't win anything for 10 years or 110 years.  You would just say that fifty years ago they came in 3rd once.
SteadyFreddy

Managers' salaries

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Seeing this makes me want Hurdle gone even more now. I mean 5 of the 6 guys ahead of him have World Series championships at least and what does Clint have?? Zilch. Like what would encourage Nutting or whoever negotiated this contract when it happened to want to pay Hurdle 3 million dollars a season when he is coming off of an 87 loss season and plus you are one of the lowest teams payroll wise in baseball. It tells me youre saying we don’t have enough money to go out and improve the team on the field by signing one free agent this offseason but we are gonna pay a manager 3 million a season and make him one of the top 6 or 7 in the game. Like what has Hurdle done to deserve that?? I just don’t get it and as I said to start this post it makes me want him gone even that much more.
SammyKhalifa

Managers' salaries

Post by SammyKhalifa »

But I hear that if someone makes more money, that automatically makes them better. Hurdle is a better manager now that we know his salary, and if the team fires him that means they are cheap and don't want to win, and just want to replace him with an entry level guy.