Osuna Hits Another Home Run

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I think he will be back sooner than later Freddy. They are being careful with the BP for this series in Detroit. As for the guys you mentioned about the only one I could see him replacing on opening day is Freeze who can fill in at 1B. But then so can SRod. Glad I am not GM.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

406169406B63040 wrote: I think he will be back sooner than  later Freddy.  They are being careful with the BP for this series in Detroit.  As for the guys you mentioned about the only one I could see him replacing on opening day is Freeze who can fill in at 1B.  But then so can SRod.  Glad I am not GM.
Yeah, they use a DH in Detroit. No double switches. Probably don't need to PH. Pitchers aren't stretched out. One more BP arm and one less PHer makes sense for now.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I would love to see Osuna become next Jose Pagan. Remember Jose? He was on base, ahead of Clemente in Game #7 (in Baltimore) when Roberto drove in the go ahead run. Jose was a good solid all around player with some pop in his bat from 1965 thru 1972. While Osuna does not play SS, he has learned 3b and can man 1B and some OF. Both are right-handed hitters..Time will tell, but I like what the young fella is showing! Word around the league last off-season was teams were lining up to acquire Jose Osuna. Hope he has a good year. Bucs need a lot of good karma this year...Beat'em Bucs 8-)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0D3A2C3C092E212621080E4F0 wrote: I would love to see Osuna become next Jose Pagan. Remember Jose? He was on base, ahead of Clemente in Game #7 (in Baltimore) when Roberto drove in the go ahead run. Jose was a good solid all around player with some pop in his bat from 1965 thru 1972. While Osuna does not play SS, he has learned 3b and can man 1B and some OF. Both are right-handed hitters..Time will tell, but I like what the young fella is showing! Word around the league last off-season was teams were lining up to acquire Jose Osuna. Hope he has a good year. Bucs need a lot of good karma this year...Beat'em Bucs  8-)
Actually, it was Pagan who had the big hit in the 8th. Clemente homered in the 4th inning of game 7 for a 1-0 lead. In the 8th, Pagan hit a drive to CF for a 2B that scored Stargell for a 2-0 lead. They won 2-1.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Ahh, Jose Pagan. He had is day in the sun in the '71 Series but I will always remember his ugliest day in the field.

August 18, 1966 vs the Mets. Pagan had an error in the 1st and then 3 more in the 4th as he led the Bucs to a 9-5 loss.

Not a great day for an 18 yr old kid on vacation at the Jersey Shore.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

59787059727A1D0 wrote: Ahh, Jose Pagan.  He had is day in the sun in the '71 Series but I will always remember his ugliest day in the field.

August 18, 1966 vs the Mets.  Pagan had an error in the 1st and then 3 more in the 4th as he led the Bucs to a 9-5 loss. 

Not a great day for an 18 yr old kid on vacation at the Jersey Shore.
As the starting SS for SF in 1962, Pagan had a great WS, altho SF lost it in 7 games to NY. Pagan led SF with a .368 BA for the series including a HR and might have won the series MVP award if SF had won.