8/16 vs the Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by INbuc »

Nova has pitched fine. He needs some help. If Newman is up I hope he gets some At-bats against all the Cubs Lefties this series.
maher.timothy20@gm

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Everybody writes Nova out of the rotation for next year, including me, but when he's on he's really good.
rucker59@gmail.com

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3 outs to go and we need 1 to force extra innings. Probably not going to happen. I feel like the Buccos need to win 3 of 4 in this series to stay in the WC race. Probably not going to happen. Probably, by the time the Cubs leave town the Pirates’ season will be over.

I’ll always wonder: if Hurdle had just stayed with his rotation how would things be different?
maher.timothy20@gm

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Seems like the season has ended right around the middle of August for the past three seasons.

Amazing how three days can kill you. Imagine if we'd swept the Twins and won tonight. It'd be a completely different outlook.
JollyRoger

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by JollyRoger »

So sick of Marte swinging at a ball 4 slider that is 2 feet outside.

He should have led off the bottom of the ninth with a walk. And of course Polanco does the exact same thing.
JollyRoger

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by JollyRoger »

Unless the Bucs rattle off another big winning streak; this season is over!
JollyRoger

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by JollyRoger »

I’m also so sick of seeing the Cardinals finishing ahead of the Pirates. Even when the Cards throw in the towel; and the Bucs go for it at the trade deadline; the Cards come out smelling like a rose and the Pirates turn into the pumpkin.
RichD

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by RichD »

OH MY . :o

Pirates have no offense and Steelers have no defense.
CarolinaBucco

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates have now lost 5 of 6 since it was determined the starting pitchers all needed and extra vacation day.

And to rub salt in the wound ... Coming into tonight, in Lester's previous 5 starts he was 0-3 with a 10.32 ERA.

Agree with Va ... Pirates have to win the next 3 or it's over.

And even if they were to win the next 3, they have to keep right on winning after that. They need something like 9 of 10 or 13 of 15.

But it's not going to happen. Our offense is ROTTEN. Even if the pitching is strong (and it has been for the most part), our offense has become WRETCHED again.

And having to face 4 straight Cubs lefties is a recipe for disaster (and more shutouts).
mouse

8/16 vs the Cubs

Post by mouse »

I think I read somewhere once that one to nothing is the least common of scores for a game, and the Pirates have lost at least two of those this year. They may want to look to add some hitters.