Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

My Changes

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Here are some simple changes I would make right now:

Bat McCutchen lower in the line up.

- Bat him 6th or 7th

Play Kang more

- He should be playing more. Maybe too much rest is hurting his play?

Less Jaso

- Play Freese more at 1B. I would even play Rodriguez more.

Bring up Bell

- I wasn't always for this move, but I am over Jaso. Just not sure who goes if this happens as I assume a pitcher will be up for Moroff soon.
SammyKhalifa

My Changes

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Nothing wrong with your suggestions except that for the time being I see no reason to give Kang more playing time.

Also why on earth are we about to witness another start by Jeff Locke
dogknot17@yahoo.co

My Changes

4A7874746052717875707F78190 wrote: Nothing wrong with your suggestions except that for the time being I see no reason to give Kang more playing time. 

To get Kang in a rhythm. He needs to be the power bat we all expected. I would play him over Jaso right now. He provides more at the plate.
Leyland1948

My Changes

Post by Leyland1948 »

Kang might come out of his funk if he is cleared from the charges in Chicago!
mouse

My Changes

Post by mouse »

Has there been any mention why the Chicago thing is taking so long to figure out?
Osushawn

My Changes

Post by Osushawn »

1C2E22223604272E2326292E4F0 wrote: Nothing wrong with your suggestions except that for the time being I see no reason to give Kang more playing time. 

Also why on earth are we about to witness another start by Jeff Locke

Because this is about the time when he throws his CG shutout to give the fans an idea of what he can do versus the Jeff Locke we have seen far too often
dogknot17@yahoo.co

My Changes

44465C5A4C290 wrote: Has there been any mention why the Chicago thing is taking so long to figure out?

Not that I know of. I would think a serious accusation wouldn't drag out like this.

It has to be on his mind. It certainly would affect me either being accused or knowing I did something wrong and the hammer is coming.
Bobster21

My Changes

Post by Bobster21 »

2A21292520213A7F790E372F262121602D214E0 wrote: Has there been any mention why the Chicago thing is taking so long to figure out?

Not that I know of.  I would think a serious accusation wouldn't drag out like this. 

It has to be on his mind.  It certainly would affect me either being accused or knowing I did something wrong and the hammer is coming.
Who knows? He wouldn't be the first player to suffer the sophomore jinx. Maybe the book is out on him and pitchers have a different approach with him this year. Cutch is also having a miserable year and no one is suggesting legal problems. Jaso, Harrison and Cervelli have slumped. No indication of legal problems. We always look for the easy answer. But it may just be a slump for Kang. Nothing more. Just like some of his teammates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

My Changes

476A67767160773734050 wrote: Has there been any mention why the Chicago thing is taking so long to figure out?

Not that I know of.  I would think a serious accusation wouldn't drag out like this. 

It has to be on his mind.  It certainly would affect me either being accused or knowing I did something wrong and the hammer is coming.
Who knows? He wouldn't be the first player to suffer the sophomore jinx. Maybe the book is out on him and pitchers have a different approach with him this year. Cutch is also having a miserable year and no one is suggesting legal problems. Jaso, Harrison and Cervelli have slumped. No indication of legal problems. We always look for the easy answer. But it may just be a slump for Kang. Nothing more. Just like some of his teammates.

I am not making it an excuse for Kang. Not at all. He needs to leave his problems at home like every other working citizen in the world.

I do wonder if his pitch selections are off. He crushes fastballs. How many is he seeing? Is he behind in the count a lot? There are many factors for his slump. But I still think he is a top hitter. I would play him more to get him in a groove. This two days on and one day off might not be the answer either.
Bobster21

My Changes

Post by Bobster21 »

Yes, I would play him regularly and see if his hitting improves.