Official Game Thread 7/27/2021 Brewers vs. Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Starting this thread early simply because slight chance both teams may be putting out a late lineup before I have to take the youngster to karate.

At issue, of course we know about the Pirates. They have 2 empty roster spots, and an open spot on the 40 man roster. With Frazier gone, there hasn't been a sniff of information on how the Pirates move forward, as the two trades brought back players who have at least had a cup of coffee in the majors with Park and Marcano.

Just reported (I saw this watching MLB Network) Christian Yelich is going on the Covid IL after testing positive, and was experiencing symptoms. Yelich was vaccinated. So the Brewers will possibly be making a roster move too, that may impact the lineup.

Brewers:

Anderson, P  2-5  4.26 ERA

Pirates:

Typing this I just realized both pitchers have same last name, and quite eerily similar ERA. ***Not anymore***

Let's Go Bucs!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Jace Peterson also joins on the Covid list for contact tracing. Both of them have been replaced on the roster by Lorenzo Cain and Pablo Reyes.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

hmm

Derek Shelton: Rodolfo Castro and Cody Ponce activated.

Tyler Anderson has been scratched.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

FROM MLB TRADE RUMORS

Pirates, Phillies In “Serious” Talks On Tyler Anderson Trade

By Steve Adams | July 27, 2021 at 2:43pm CDT

The Pirates and Phillies are in “serious” talks on a trade that would send left-handed starter Tyler Anderson from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia, reports Jayson Stark of The Athletic (Twitter link). The deal in question would send a pair of prospects back to Pittsburgh. FanSided’s Robert Murray first noted talks between Philly and Pittsburgh. Mike Persak of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweets that Anderson has been scratched from tonight’s start, which certainly suggests a move is imminent.

The potential return isn’t yet clear, though Stark characterizes the prospects being discussed as “second tier” and notes in a second tweet that catching prospect Rafael Marchan is not part of the proposed package.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5A6864647042616865606F68090 wrote: hmm

Derek Shelton: Rodolfo Castro and Cody Ponce activated.

Tyler Anderson has been scratched.
I think we got tonight's starter and second baseman possibly. Ponce pitched for Indy on July 22nd.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Sources: Tyler Anderson traded to Phillies for Cristian Hernandez and Abrahan Gutierrez. It's final.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Anderson only signed for 1 year and I think we all knew that if he pitched well he'd be gone by the end of July. Can't expect much of a return when the Phillies are only renting him for 2 months. And while Anderson's stats were good for this year's Pirate staff, they are pretty mediocre for the NL. If one or both of these prospects turn out to be good, it's a real bonus. If they don't, we've only lost a mediocre pitcher for 2 months.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

No lineups yet, I'll keep checking, hard to do from the phone to post lineups, so if someone else has a free moment, for the people, I'd be much obliged.
Javy

Post by Javy »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: Anderson only signed for 1 year and I think we all knew that if he pitched well he'd be gone by the end of July. Can't expect much of a return when the Phillies are only renting him for 2 months. And while Anderson's stats were good for this year's Pirate staff, they are pretty mediocre for the NL. If one or both of these prospects turn out to be good, it's a real bonus. If they don't, we've only lost a mediocre pitcher for 2 months.
Anderson is, by and large, an average at best ML pitcher, although was the best the Bucs had throughout the season. He likely benefited from pitching home games in PNC with its huge left field. The trade to Philly and the bandbox known as Citizens Bank may paint a completely different picture in short order. Best of luck to him, as he's also going to a team that is ranked near the bottom of the major leagues in fielding.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I will be home to post the lineups before the game starts. It just posted. Newman leadoff Castro at second. Oviedo starting.