Cervelli

Marte

Bell

Dickerson

Polanco

Moran

Mercer

Looks like it could be a tough lineup against right handed pitchers

Have to believe JHay will lead off. Also believe that Cervelli and Mercer will be at the end of the lineup.

Think that Clint will try to alternate lefties and righties a bit in the 2-6 spots. Since Dickerson has good power but low OBP, I'd slot him 6th.

Since the 2nd spot allows a bit of protection for a rookie, I'll put Moran there. Follow Moran with a righty, Marte, then I'd try Polanco at cleanup, followed by Bell, a switchie but split like a lefty. I could also see Polanco, Bell and Dickerson elsewhere 4-6.

Frazier is obviously the top PH vs. RHP. We would definitely need a righty batter or two to platoon vs. southpaw starters. Brentz or Luplow will need to be capable of batting 5th or 6th. If we're really trying to win and we don't trade him, I expect that Freese would be well placed at 2nd.

S-Rod would then probably be our best PH vs. LHP, though Frazier's splits are not too bad.

Predicting the bench sure did just get a lot harder. Hard to see a spot left for Nava or Saunders, and I doubt they'll take an assignment to AAA. Maybe Nava as a 1B/OF for Indy.

Have to believe we can't find a taker for a decent 3rd baseman like Freese. S-Rod makes too much money so we're stuck with him for 2018 and who knows, he might bounce back. So here are my 5:

Diaz, C; S-Rod, Util; Frazier, 4th OF/Util; Bentz, platoon OF; Mordoff, Mid-Inf. Obviously I'm assuming that Freese gets traded, or I don't think there's room for Mordoff.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Lineup Looking Better

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harrison

Marte

Dickerson

Bell

Polanco

Moran

Cervelli

Mercer
dave3BA

Lineup Looking Better

Post by dave3BA »

I'm going to guess the opening day lineup (as it stands now) will be:

Harrison 2b

Bell 1b

Polanco rf

Marte cf

Dickerson lf

Moran 3b

Cervelli c

Mercer ss

Taillon p
RichD

Lineup Looking Better

Post by RichD »

Harrison

Marte

Moran

Bell

Dickerson / Brentz

Polanco

Cervelli / Diaz

Mercer

That could be a real good lineup. Maybe switch Marte and Polanco.I dont want Dickerson batting 3rd too many K
notes34

Lineup Looking Better

Post by notes34 »

Harrison

Marte

Bell

Dickerson

Moran

Polanco

Cervelli

Mercer